The Learning & Organisational Development Team is responsible for building, sourcing and delivering learning opportunities to our people in order to help them succeed. The team is made up of learning and OD professionals who collaborate to build the skills, capabilities and confidence of the workforce to enable a thriving culture.
We have 2 contracts available. 1 Full-Time working 37.5 hours per week and 1 Part-Time working 30 hours per week. Please indicate on the application form which contract you are interested in.
This role can be Hybrid although travel around the UK will be essential when required.
About the role:
With over 800 managers in the organisation there are pockets of great practice and pockets where managers struggle. The team has a strong history of providing support for managers from development programmes, bespoke interventions, and 1:1 support. Due in part to the changes brought by the pandemic there has been an increased need to support managers in our future ways of working. In order to manage this demand, we are now recruiting for an experienced L&D Advisor with experience of working with managers in building their skills to create strong team cultures.
The Full-Time role will focus on more on supporting managers who work in our Membership Fundraising Department, to build their management skills and capability in a variety of different approaches from demonstrating best practices, to running workshops, peer learning sessions, 1:1 support for advice and coaching. Working with the Organisational Development Adviser to address themes, priority areas of work and implementing solutions.
The Part-Time role will be supporting Managers across the wider orginisation.
Both contracts will involve (Non-Exhaustive)
1. Management Development Programme: Creation and delivery of our core management development programme. Applying learning needs analysis, creation of learning interventions, delivery, communications, feedback and evaluation. Your expertise in management topics will be used to support the ongoing development of our managers.
2. Bespoke programmes of work (including Team Development): Working with key stakeholders, to support, design and/or deliver bespoke programmes of work - from smaller teams to larger scale programmes. Using your skills in learning needs analysis, management skills and building effective relationships to ensure a joined-up approach with stakeholders, L&OD and HR colleagues.
3. 1:1 Support: Working with managers to understand their situation/challenge and using your coaching skills, specialist guidance and consultancy approaches to support them and help them move forward. You will also work closely with our HR (Human Resources) colleagues on cases such as capability, probation, grievances, and conflict to help bring about change.
What we need from you
• Experience in leading on all elements of the learning design cycle. From the learning needs analysis to the evaluation of a learning intervention
• Experience in creating and designing engaging learning products (such as topic guides, pocketbooks, workbooks, worksheets, e-learning, and videos)
• Able to facilitate a variety of learning events (from workshops, peer support sessions, action learning sets)
• Able to create a blend of learning products that are accessible equitable and inclusive to suit a variety of learning styles and preferences
• Experienced coach
• Experience of working with managers to support HR cases (such as capability, conduct, conflict)
• Experience of psychometrics (such as MBTI)
• Knowledge and experience of mediation techniques / facilitated conversations
• Experience of designing and delivering management development programmes
If you are passionate about management development, have experience in creating and delivering a blend of L&D interventions and are looking to join our supportive and creative team to bring the latest best practice to our work programme, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from Friday 27th January 2023. For further information please contact Jo.Poulain@rspb.org.uk
As part of this application process, you will be asked to complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Part-Time Catering Assistant
- Visitor Experience Officer at RSPB Pulborough Brooks
- Environmental Advisor
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager
- Café Assistants x2 (Full-Time & Part-Time)
- Community Development Manager
- Estate Worker (Fixed Term)
- Social Media Assistant / Cynorthwyydd Cyfryngau Cymdeithasol
- Conservation Officer - The Wash and North Norfolk Coast
- Estate Worker - Carnforth
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Project Manager - LIFE 100% Favourable (Fixed-Term)
- Bird Surveyor at Powharnal
- Estate Worker
- Rural Surveyor. Flexible Central and Eastern England
- Carbon Farming Project Manager - (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Centre Assistant - Fixed Term
- Legacy Team Executive - RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
- New to Nature Placement - Assistant Warden. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Part-Time - Cleaner
- Part-Time Retail Assistant
- Visitor Experience Manager
- Volunteer Engagement Manager
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Assistant Warden (Seasonal) Anglesey Terns SPA (4 posts)
- Senior Conservation Officer
- Head of Sustainable Land Use Policy - England
- Fundraising Manager - Scotland
- Part Time - Catering Assistant - (Fixed Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistant x 2 (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Curlew Monitoring Officer - (Fixed term)
- Head of Marine Policy
- Campaigns Developer - Flexible in UK
- Curlew Life Research Assistant (Technical) - RSPB Northern Ireland
- New to Nature Placement - Community and Visitor Engagement Assistant - Apply via Survey Monkey Link
- New to Nature Placement - Access to Nature Project Assistant. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Head of Policy & Advocacy - England
- Project Manager - (Frampton Marsh)
- Nature Protection Policy Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Learning Assistant - (Fixed term)
- Curlew LIFE Research Assistant (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bedford Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Luton Area
- Centre Assistant - variable hours - (Fixed Term)
- 2 x Senior Administrator - (Fixed Term)
- Employee Relations Adviser - x3 (Part-Time & Full-Time roles available)
- Research Assistants x2 - Twite Recovery Project
- PT or FT - Senior Project Manager – Nature Positive Biodiversity Gain in Scotland (Fixed Term)
- Assistant Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Telford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Chester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Driffield - Flexible within East Yorks.
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser x2 - RSPB Loch Garten Nature Reserve (Seasonal Contract)
- Curlew Monitoring Officer x 2 – Upper Lough Erne
- Part-Time Car Park Attendant x4 (Fixed-Term)
- Area Manager (East Midlands)
- Education, Families & Youth Officer - Scotland based - Hybrid (Part-Time)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tonbridge Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North London
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Isle of Wight
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Cheltenham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Falmouth
- Test Team Lead
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Flexible in UK
- Beach Nesting Bird Project Officer - (fixed term)
- Learning and Visitor Assistant x2 (Part time & Fixed term - March to October)
- Senior Policy Officer - Bioenergy and BECCS - Fixed Term
- Glenwherry Curlew Initiative Monitoring Officer (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Project Officer - Stone-Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Government Affairs Manager
- Part-Time Learning Assistant (Fixed-Term)
- Catering Assistant - Loch Leven - Variable Hours Available
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)