3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
About the role:
RSPB Scotland is seeking someone who can help raise funds for the vital restoration of Scotland’s peatlands for the benefit of biodiversity, the climate and communities.
This role will focus on developing and maintaining a pipeline of prioritised Peatland Action and Peatland Code funding applications alongside other private and public funding, ensuring that all funding and contractual requirements are adhered to, develop funder reports, and developing good relationships with both internal colleagues and external partners in order to maximise financial support for our peatland ambitions
Duties include (non-exhaustive):
- The role will involve building good relationships with RSPB staff from other departments and nature reserves to gather relevant information to inform funding applications and report.
- You will take ownership of a peatland carbon project pipeline and ensure project delivery is in line with funding commitments.
- You will develop key relationships with external funders and validation bodies
- You will ensure funders are aware of the legal, tax and communication requirements of agreements
- You will be a point of contact with staff to support learnings and questions around conservation investment into peatland restoration
- More details about key results areas and responsibilities can be found in the attached role profile.
What we need from you
- We need someone with proven experience of successful fundraising and managing a regularly changing workload.
- We want someone who is enthusiastic, takes initiative and is flexible to accommodate opportunities that become available at short notice.
- You will be highly organised, have good attention to detail, and can work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the challenges facing Scotland’s peatland and the support available for their restoration is desirable.
- Knowledge and interest in current environmental funding opportunities and emerging financial markets related to nature and climate change would be beneficial.
The location for this role can be flexible within Scotland with opportunities for office/home hybrid working.
This is a Fixed-Term for 37.5 hours per week. The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
*This role will close on the 8th of September. Interview date - 28th September.
For further information please contact Amy.email@example.com
As part of this application process, you will be asked to complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
Before applying to this role we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The RSPB is an equal employer. This role is covered by the rehab of offenders act 1974.