3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
The RSPB's Facilities Management & Logistics Department has four functional teams all working to ensure people can be their very best at work in a safe, effective, and compliant workplace, maintaining operational effectiveness, contributing to staff engagement and environmental performance. The four teams include Fleet, Maintenance, Facilities Management, and Logistics.
We have an exciting and new opportunity for an organised, adaptable and practical individual to join our Facilities Management Team at the RSPB UKHQ, in Sandy, Beds.
About the Role
You will play a key role in the day-to-day facilities management of the UKHQ, working closely with the facilities, security, and maintenance teams on site. Your primary duties will be to provide a friendly and efficient facilities helpdesk service to staff and contractors, You will be responsible for recording and actioning requests appropriately and producing related Management information. We are looking for a responsible, flexible and pragmatic person able to prioritise and ensure tasks are properly completed and recorded. We also expect the highest standards of excellence towards our customers, both internal and external.
You will be responsible for:
- Day to day liaison with facilities contractors to ensure operations run smoothly;
- Production of records and reports for the Green Dragon;
- Managing our energy contract and liaising with sites and contractors on queries;
- Safe receipt and distribution of parcels delivered to site;
- Management of the UKHQ pool car bookings and ensuring compliance with vehicle maintenance schedules;
- Support for the maintenance team with site logistics activities and driving requirements;
- Support and cover for the Security Co-ordinator including monitoring of CCTV and alarms systems and issuing of access cards in line with company policy;
- Co-ordination of the UKHQ First Aid and Fire Evacuation requirements, ensuring compliance with Codes of Practice and Legislation well as acting as a nominated site First Aider;
- Other duties include general facilities administrative activities, record keeping, raising purchase orders, and other ad hoc tasks as required.
This will be a varied role where you will be working across the department to help and support the FM&L teams in their everyday work.
What we need from you
- You must hold a full Drivers license which is valid for use in the UK and either have a First Aid at Work Qualification or be willing to undertake this training
- Able to carry out lifting and manual handling tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of audiences
- Able to make the best use of time particularly when under pressure from competing priorities, prioritising and delegating tasks effectively
- Able to deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Experience of working in a Facilities or H& S environment and providing administrative support
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to work under pressure using your own initiative in order to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of CAFM or other database systems would be an advantage
- Manual handling experience/training or be willing to undertake this.
- Institute of Facilities Management qualification
- Experience of Sharepoint
- Health & Safety qualification
This is a permanent full-time role for 37.5 hours per week based on site at the UKHQ in Sandy.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position on 16th - 18th August 2022. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of this application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form.
If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.