Are you a confident and experienced direct marketer who wants to inspire more and more diverse people to support the nature-saving work of the RSPB? Then we need your expertise and energy to help us plan and deliver the product, channel and promotional strategy for our individual giving activity.
This is your chance to make your mark and play a critical role in creating exciting, innovative, and inspiring fundraising!
Key activities will include:
- Plan and deliver multi-channel lead generation and fundraising communications that achieve their financial and engagement objectives.
- Help define audience journeys that showcase the work of the RSPB and inspire new donors.
- Identify and drive forward proposition development, innovation and testing.
- Brief and manage external suppliers to ensure all activity delivered on RSPB’s behalf is of the highest standard, legally compliant and meets our brand guidelines.
- Ensure that fundraising communications meet all legal and sector standards as a minimum to mitigate brand and reputational risks.
- Build strong relationships with internal teams to influence and enable the delivery of direct marketing campaigns in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Analyse and report campaign and product performance so that key stakeholders are up-to-date with progress against financial targets.
To succeed, you will be results-driven and commercially aware, have excellent promotional campaign management skills, be adept at improving campaign performance and not be afraid to challenge the status quo and introduce new ideas.
A proactive and collaborative approach is important too, as is the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and you’re also great at focussing on, and understanding, the needs of supporters.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Proven experience of planning and delivering end to end multi-channel direct marketing campaigns
- Degree educated or equivalent experience in a direct marketing role
- High level of attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of direct marketing and fundraising compliance and best practice
- Strong creative understanding, and able to assess the measures that will maximise response rates
- Strong communication skills to bring support teams together to deliver campaigns
- Proven experience of campaign marketing budget management
- Able to work under pressure, making or escalating decisions where necessary and adapting to meet changing circumstances as required
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Data analysis to constantly improve campaign performance
- Demonstrable testing, profiling, segmentation experience and knowledge
- Has worked in environment/conservation
- Has worked in not-for-profit/charity
- Has an additional marketing related qualification (Institute of Direct Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing etc.
This is a full-time role for 37.5 hours per week.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form where you will have the opportunity to tell us how you meet the criteria set above.
The RSPB is a licensed sponsor. This role is eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Seasonal Field Officer - Plovers in Peril (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Officer (x 4) RSPB Rathlin Island - Northern Ireland
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Assistant Warden x2 (Fixed-Term)
- Assistant Warden x2 - Eastern Solent Reserves
- Communications Officer - Orkney Native Wildlife Project – Kirkwall Office
- 2 x Part-Time Cleaners - (14.5 hours M to F and 5 hours at weekends)
- Conservation Data Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Seabird & Marine Policy Officer (Senior)
- 5 x Centre Assistants - Bempton Cliffs (6 months Fixed-Term, Variable Hours Avail)
- Project Officer - Species on the Edge - Orkney (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Operations Manager - Devon, Exe Estuary (30 hours p/w)
- Head of Communications & Marketing (Wales - RSPB Cymru - HQ )
- Assistant Warden - North West Norfolk Reserves (Fixed-Term)
- Curlew LIFE Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Turtle Dove Conservation Advisor (South-East England)
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager ( x2 roles )
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Humber Beach Nesting Birds Project Officer - Fixed Term
- Assistant Warden Ramsey Island - Wales
- Head of Fundraising Campaign Planning (Flexible in UK - Hybrid-WFH)
- Board Administration Coordinator - Flexible in England (WFH Option)
- Programme Manager - Membership Recruitment and Retention (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Assistant Warden (Fixed-Term) - Northward Hill
- Project Coordinator - Eurasian Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Administrator - RSPB Geltsdale Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Junior Interaction Developer
- Junior Developer - Flexible in UK
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Endangered Landscapes Programme Manager - Cumbria (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Brentwood Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bury St Edmunds
- Senior PWA Developer
- Visitor Experience Officer
- Community Connections and Volunteer Manager - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (HYBRID-WFH)
- Membership Venues Officer - RSPB Northern Ireland (Part-Time)
- Warden, Sunart Reserves Glenborrodale
- Hydes Heath Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Maidstone Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Reading
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Southampton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Swansea
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Oxford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Derby
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Nottingham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Liverpool
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Skipton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - York
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Central Cumbria
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)