The Scotland Community Fundraising Manager manages a team of three community fundraisers based across Scotland. The role is the operational lead on all community and volunteer fundraising activities in Scotland, raising income to support RSPB's activities and plays a key role in building community support for nature. This is a 0.6 FTE permanent role with the flexibility to be based anywhere in Scotland.
What's the role about?
We are seeking a well-organised and forward-thinking individual to join our Community Fundraising team in Scotland.
The role provides leadership and management of the community fundraising team (3 staff members), a network of volunteer fundraisers (c.250) and inspires relevant staff across the country to help achieve community fundraising income targets and other engagement objectives. This includes sharing best practice, training, target setting, motivating and applying situational leadership.
Activities associated with this role are at the front line of the RSPB supporter journey from first steps and beyond. You will be developing the Scotland community fundraising offer to grow this income stream to its full potential. Excellent customer service is required so that existing and potential new supporters take an active part in helping to save nature.
Responsibilities of the manager will include:
- Supporting the team to liaise with RSPB Local Groups to grow fundraising for nature
- Providing an excellent service
- Maximising Community Fundraising on reserves
- Championing volunteering and volunteer fundraising contributions across the organisation
- Ensuring that all activities are compliant with Fundraising Regulator requirements
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Thorough working knowledge of relevant Institute of Fundraising, Fundraising Regulator and Charities Act regulations and IOF Codes/guidelines relating to volunteer fundraising and ‘in Aid of’ fundraising.
- Communicates effectively with a wide range of audiences verbally, in writing and face to face. Persuasive communication skills to bring supporters to our cause.
- Provides direction, energy and capability to lead and manage Community Fundraising Officers and volunteer fundraisers from different backgrounds.
- Ability to manage high performance as well as poor performance.
- Numerate, in order to analyse data, identify trends and make recommendations for change.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Awareness of digital fundraising techniques and platforms and competent user and analyser of CRM database and digital fundraising platforms such as JustGiving.
- Able to identify, escalate and implement directions swiftly to volunteers and staff in the event of breaches of compliance that could bring RSPB into disrepute (eg pin badge box theft, inappropriate behaviour of volunteer).
- Recruitment, selection and management of volunteers and staff.
- Managing an income and expenditure budget, being able to monitor successes and discrepancies and provide accurate forecasts.
This is a Permanent/Part-Time role for 22.5 hours per week.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 21 March 2023. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of this application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence of how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
We are actively recruiting for this role and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Project Manager - LIFE 100% Favourable (Fixed-Term)
- Bird Surveyor at Powharnal
- Estate Worker
- Rural Surveyor. Flexible Central and Eastern England
- Carbon Farming Project Manager - (Fixed-Term)
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Part Time - Centre Assistant - Fixed Term
- Legacy Team Executive - RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
- New to Nature Placement - Assistant Warden. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Part-Time - Cleaner
- Part-Time Retail Assistant
- Visitor Experience Manager
- Volunteer Engagement Manager
- Assistant Warden (Seasonal) Anglesey Terns SPA (4 posts)
- Senior Conservation Officer
- Head of Sustainable Land Use Policy - England
- Fundraising Manager - Scotland
- Part Time - Catering Assistant - (Fixed Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistant x 2 (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Curlew Monitoring Officer - (Fixed term)
- Head of Marine Policy
- Campaigns Developer - Flexible in UK
- Curlew Life Research Assistant (Technical) - RSPB Northern Ireland
- New to Nature Placement - Community and Visitor Engagement Assistant - Apply via Survey Monkey Link
- New to Nature Placement - Access to Nature Project Assistant. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Head of Policy & Advocacy - England
- Part-Time Cleaner x 2
- Project Manager - (Frampton Marsh)
- Nature Protection Policy Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Learning Assistant - (Fixed term)
- Curlew LIFE Research Assistant (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bedford Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Luton Area
- Centre Assistant - variable hours - (Fixed Term)
- 2 x Senior Administrator - (Fixed Term)
- Employee Relations Adviser - x3 (Part-Time & Full-Time roles available)
- Research Assistants x2 - Twite Recovery Project
- PT or FT - Senior Project Manager – Nature Positive Biodiversity Gain in Scotland (Fixed Term)
- Assistant Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Telford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Chester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Driffield - Flexible within East Yorks.
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser x2 - RSPB Loch Garten Nature Reserve (Seasonal Contract)
- Curlew Monitoring Officer x 2 – Upper Lough Erne
- Part-Time Car Park Attendant x4 (Fixed-Term)
- Area Manager (East Midlands)
- Education, Families & Youth Officer - Scotland based - Hybrid (Part-Time)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tonbridge Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North London
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Isle of Wight
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Cheltenham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Falmouth
- Rheolwr Cyfathrebu / Communications Manager
- Test Team Lead
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Flexible in UK
- Beach Nesting Bird Project Officer - (fixed term)
- Learning and Visitor Assistant x2 (Part time & Fixed term - March to October)
- Senior Policy Officer - Bioenergy and BECCS - Fixed Term
- Part-Time Cleaner
- Glenwherry Curlew Initiative Monitoring Officer (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Moorland Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Dundee Project Manager - (Fixed Term - Possible Secondment Opportunity)
- Assistant Warden - Cumbria Coast Reserves
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Project Officer - Stone-Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Government Affairs Manager
- Health, Safety & Environment Advisor - Central England
- Part-Time Learning Assistant (Fixed-Term)
- Part-Time Finance Officer - Orkney Native Wildlife Project (Fixed-Term)
- Catering Assistant - Loch Leven - Variable Hours Available
- Learning and Visitor Assistant - RSPB Saltholme (Part-Time)
- Senior Beach Warden (Fixed-Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Site Maintenance Assistant
- Senior Systems Engineer