3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Marketing Communications are an essential part of our conservation toolkit and have a critical role to play in tackling the nature and climate emergencies.
The RSPB is looking for a Project Manager to help transform how we deliver marketing communications.
Taking direction from a piece of work that has defined where we need to get to, this project will focus on the processes, systems, structures, and tools of our comms operations – delivering change at pace across the business.
What's the role about?
As our Project Manager for Comms Delivery Transformation, you will play a critical role in helping us to realise a vision where;
• Our comms insight is used to drive continuous improvement and optimal collaboration across HQ and country teams (Knowledge);
• We have a clear, holistic, and detailed lean process supported by appropriate tech that joins all channels and teams (Process);
• We have an actionable analysis that drives informed decisions and efficiency (Data);
• Our culture is one of empowered people with defined roles and accountabilities set up for success (People);
• We have a MarTech platform that delivers seamless planning, workflow and automated asset creation and storage (Technology);
• We have a streamlined and efficient operating model that delivers on strategic objectives (Organisation)
This project is one of two key projects that will form the MarComms Transformation Programme. The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Manager for the MarTech Transformation Project as the other side to this programme – giving us an end-to-end view of how changes to our technology and ways of working can deliver more impact for nature.
We are looking for a Project Manager who will:
• Set up and manage a project board; taking direction from the MarComms Transformation Programme Board and the Comms Target Operating Model consultancy report to define a work schedule to implement the changes required to achieve our end goal.
• Have oversight of the full project; identifying and setting up the required working groups to focus on different aspects of the project work schedule.
• Take responsibility for risk and change management within the project, escalating matters where necessary to the Programme Manager.
• Take responsibility for reporting to keep the Programme Board and key stakeholders informed of progress, change and benefits realisation.
• Oversee ongoing work schedule to ensure key milestones are achieved.
• Work with the Programme Manager to define success measures and set up monitoring and evaluation for the project.
• Work with the Programme Manager to transition work into BAU activity to ensure a smooth hand over on completion of the project.
What we need from you
• Developing and leading projects working to a standard project management approach
• Leading and managing multidisciplinary teams
• Internal stakeholder management
• Cost and budget management
• Proven time management, benefits realisation and organisation skills
If this sounds like you and if you like to drive change and the idea of transforming marketing communications to have impact on nature then please do apply.
This role can be performed remotely (from home) however, you must be able to travel to a local RSPB office when required.
If you have any questions about this role don’t hesitate to contact Hannah.email@example.com
This is a 12-month Contract Full-Time role at 37.5 hours per week. - The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position week commencing 5th September 2022.
As part of this application process, you will be asked to provide a CV and complete a short application. Please make sure that you submit a cover letter on the same document as your CV to evidence how your meet the skills, knowledge, and experience requested.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.