The RSPB is the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, consistently delivering successful conservation, forging powerful partnerships and inspiring others to help end the nature and climate emergency. The RSPB Business Conservation Advice (BCA) Team works in partnerships with businesses to help save nature through direct impact on land management, species recovery and addressing business challenges to provide a better environment in which to live. Our ambition is to help achieve a Nature Positive UK by 2030.
We are looking for someone with passion and persuasion, with knowledge of nature conservation, communications and business development.
Your entrepreneurial-conservation mindset will help us deliver conservation with business’, raise awareness so driving action within the wider business community and help drive growth in the breadth and scale of our work.
The role will focus on:
· Promoting the work of our business partners delivering nature conservation.
· Raising the profile of the RSPB BCA with the business sector.
· Showcasing the business case for partnerships and being Nature Positive.
· Developing and supporting the delivery of new mutually beneficial Business Conservation partnerships.
- Strong Communications and / or experience
- business Development.skills
- Knowledge of nature conservation or a passion to learn it
This role can be performed remotely, but we ideally need you to be within commutable distance from the Lodge, SG19
This contract is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) initially for 15 months, working in a growing team. The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
We are looking to conduct interviews on 1 December. If you have any questions, please contact Sam Tarrant Sam.firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form.
If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Project Officer - Species on the Edge - Orkney (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Operations Manager - Exe Estuary
- Conservation Officer - The Wash & North Norfolk Coast (Fixed-Term)
- Head of Communications & Marketing (Wales - RSPB Cymru - HQ )
- Assistant Warden - North West Norfolk Reserves (Fixed-Term)
- Curlew LIFE Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Turtle Dove Conservation Advisor (South-East England)
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager ( x2 roles )
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Humber Beach Nesting Birds Project Officer - Fixed Term
- Assistant Warden Ramsey Island - Wales
- Head of Fundraising Campaign Planning (Flexible in UK - Hybrid-WFH)
- Board Administration Coordinator - Flexible in England (WFH Option)
- Direct Marketing Manager - (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Programme Manager - Membership Recruitment and Retention (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Assistant Warden (Fixed-Term) - Northward Hill
- Fundraising Manager - Maternity Leave Contract
- Project Coordinator - Eurasian Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Administrator - RSPB Geltsdale Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Junior Interaction Developer
- Junior Developer - Flexible in UK
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Site Maintenance Engineer
- Endangered Landscapes Programme Manager - Cumbria (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Conservation Officer - South Highland (Cairngorms)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Brentwood Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bury St Edmunds
- Assistant Finance Business Partner - Fixed Term - wfh
- Senior PWA Developer
- Senior Programme Manager - Flexible in England (Hybrid - WFH)
- Visitor Experience Officer
- Community Connections and Volunteer Manager - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (HYBRID-WFH)
- Membership Venues Officer - RSPB Northern Ireland (Part-Time)
- Warden, Sunart Reserves Glenborrodale
- Part-Time Administrator
- Hydes Heath Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Maidstone Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Reading
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Southampton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Swansea
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Oxford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Derby
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Nottingham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Liverpool
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Skipton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - York
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Central Cumbria
- Senior Race Equity Specialist (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Site Manager - Forsinard Flows Reserve
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Casework Officer (12-month Fixed term) - WFH/Hybrid
- Visitor Experience and Interpretation Manager (Fixed-Term) (Hybrid-WFH)
- Visitor Experience and Marketing Manager RSPB England - Flexible in England (Hybrid-WFH)
- Swyddog Natur - Ynys-hir (Gweithio o adre/hybrid) - Nature Officer - Ynys-hir (Home-Based/Hybrid)
- Site Manager – West NI Reserves