We are looking for a skilled administrator to support RSPB's Executive Board, as a member of our growing governance team.
RSPB's vision is for a shared world where wildlife, plants and all people thrive. The health of the natural world is fundamental to the survival of all species and has the right to flourish. We work locally in the UK and around the world, conducting scientific research into the natural world, acting to support the survival and protection of species, managing precious habitats, making connections between people of all ages and backgrounds with the natural world, and advocating for changes to law, regulation and practice to create a world where wildlife can thrive. Our executive board needs strong and efficient administrative support to undertake their role in our complex organization.
This is a Permanent, Part-Time role for 22.5 hours per week.
While we aim to be as flexible as possible, including part-time and remote working, we anticipate that the post-holder will need to be present for in-person meetings in Sandy, Bedfordshire approximately once or twice each month and adopt a working pattern that accommodates our overall pattern of meetings.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive business administration support to Executive Board meetings
- Co-ordinate and deliver effective minute-taking, record-keeping, issue-tracking and reporting for board business
- Establish, maintain and develop effective relationships with people at all levels on behalf of Board, both internally and externally, ensuring that confidential and sensitive matters are handled appropriately and professionally
- Coordinate the provision of services for the Board, including meetings facilities, logistics and accommodation
- Provide support, when needed, for other members of the RSPB governance team
What we need from you
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least 5 GCSE’s including English Language and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications/ experience
- Demonstrable experience in administrative support, ideally in the charitable sector
- Proven experience of organising board meetings, agendas
- Skill in formal minute-taking and management of action lists
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, working to multiple deadlines and managing priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information with exceptional diplomacy and tact, and a high level of professionalism
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), plus experience in using board pack software and information management solutions such as SharePoint
- Effective stakeholder management and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for RSPB’s charitable mission
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 4 January 2023. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Seasonal Field Officer - Plovers in Peril (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Officer (x 4) RSPB Rathlin Island - Northern Ireland
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Assistant Warden x2 (Fixed-Term)
- Assistant Warden x2 - Eastern Solent Reserves
- Communications Officer - Orkney Native Wildlife Project – Kirkwall Office
- 2 x Part-Time Cleaners - (14.5 hours M to F and 5 hours at weekends)
- Conservation Data Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Seabird & Marine Policy Officer (Senior)
- 5 x Centre Assistants - Bempton Cliffs (6 months Fixed-Term, Variable Hours Avail)
- Project Officer - Species on the Edge - Orkney (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Operations Manager - Devon, Exe Estuary (30 hours p/w)
- Head of Communications & Marketing (Wales - RSPB Cymru - HQ )
- Assistant Warden - North West Norfolk Reserves (Fixed-Term)
- Curlew LIFE Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Turtle Dove Conservation Advisor (South-East England)
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager ( x2 roles )
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Humber Beach Nesting Birds Project Officer - Fixed Term
- Assistant Warden Ramsey Island - Wales
- Head of Fundraising Campaign Planning (Flexible in UK - Hybrid-WFH)
- Direct Marketing Manager - (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Programme Manager - Membership Recruitment and Retention (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Assistant Warden (Fixed-Term) - Northward Hill
- Project Coordinator - Eurasian Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Administrator - RSPB Geltsdale Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Junior Interaction Developer
- Junior Developer - Flexible in UK
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Endangered Landscapes Programme Manager - Cumbria (Fixed-Term)
- Senior PWA Developer
- Community Connections and Volunteer Manager - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (HYBRID-WFH)
- Warden, Sunart Reserves Glenborrodale
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)