To deliver and assist in a developing a valued, solutions-focused Financial Planning and Reporting service that supports internal leaders at all levels to effectively deliver their work plans, as part of the Financial Planning and Reporting Team and in an individual capacity.
What's the role about?
Working as part of the wider Financial Planning and Reporting Team, and in conjunction with the Finance Business Partners, the role will be responsible for providing information and advice to directors and senior managers to develop their financial plans as well as undertaking ad hoc financial analysis exercises or scenario planning in support of the Financial Planning and Reporting Team; directors or other senior managers. Moreover, the role will be accountable for the provision of accurate, timely and relevant financial information to enable budget holders to discharge their fiduciary duties and aid decision making.
Other responsibilities will include being responsible for the creation and maintenance of electronic templates and financial tools, which are used by the organisation to enable managers to carry out their budget management responsibilities. In addition to being responsible for the creation and population of budget management tools, including spreadsheets, databases, and processes that enable RSPB staff to manage their budgets organisation wide.
A key part of the role will be to develop effective working relationships with budget managers, senior management teams, and directors that allow the post holder to influence and challenge colleagues through the financial information produced, either in their own capacity or in support of the Finance Business Partner.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level and/or have sufficient experience to be able to carry out the duties to
a high level.
- GCSEs 5 A*- C, including English and Maths
- Knowledge of financial management and processes (including double-entry accounts).
- Advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Developing knowledge of financial accounting legislation
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Highly proficient use of Microsoft Office, particularly excel.
- Ability to convey appropriate financial messages to various audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, unsupervised.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting (newly qualified) or studying towards it.
- Previous Business Partnering skills or role.
This is a Fixed-Term role until August 2024 for 37.5 hours per week. For internal candidates, this role is offered as a secondment.
The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from the week commencing 12th December. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Retail Assistant - RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Head of Sustainable Land and Climate Policy - Flexible in UK
- Project Officer - England Twite Recovery Project - (Fixed Term)
- Learning Officer- Orkney Native Wildlife Project – Kirkwall Office (Part-Time)
- Part-Time - Estate Worker - (Fixed Term)
- Programme Officer - Flexible in UK
- Cairngorms Connect Communications Officer - (Fixed Term)
- Conservation Scientist (Social Sciences) - (Fixed Term)
- Warden - Eastern Solent Reserves
- Assistant Monitoring Officer (ELP) - (Fixed-Term)
- Organisational Development Adviser - Flexible in UK/Hybrid
- Learning and Development Adviser x2 - Part-Time & Full-Time (Flexible in UK/Hybrid)
- Seasonal Assistant Warden - Wallasea Island (Fixed-Term)
- Trapper (Fixed-Term) - Orkney Native Wildlife Project
- Seasonal Field Officer - Plovers in Peril (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Officer (x 4) RSPB Rathlin Island - Northern Ireland
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Assistant Warden x2 (Fixed-Term)
- Assistant Warden x2 - Eastern Solent Reserves
- Communications Officer - Orkney Native Wildlife Project – Kirkwall Office
- 2 x Part-Time Cleaners - (14.5 hours M to F and 5 hours at weekends)
- Conservation Data Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Seabird & Marine Policy Officer (Senior)
- 5 x Centre Assistants - Bempton Cliffs (6 months Fixed-Term, Variable Hours Avail)
- Project Officer - Species on the Edge - Orkney (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Operations Manager - Devon, Exe Estuary (30 hours p/w)
- Head of Communications & Marketing (Wales - RSPB Cymru - HQ )
- Assistant Warden - North West Norfolk Reserves (Fixed-Term)
- Curlew LIFE Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Turtle Dove Conservation Advisor (South-East England)
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager ( x2 roles )
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Humber Beach Nesting Birds Project Officer - Fixed Term
- Assistant Warden Ramsey Island - Wales
- Head of Fundraising Campaign Planning (Flexible in UK - Hybrid-WFH)
- Board Administration Coordinator - Flexible in England (WFH Option)
- Direct Marketing Manager - (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Programme Manager - Membership Recruitment and Retention (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Project Coordinator - Eurasian Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Administrator - RSPB Geltsdale Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Junior Interaction Developer
- Junior Developer - Flexible in UK
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Endangered Landscapes Programme Manager - Cumbria (Fixed-Term)
- Community Connections and Volunteer Manager - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (HYBRID-WFH)
- Warden, Sunart Reserves Glenborrodale
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)