RSPB Frampton Marsh is a popular nature reserve for both locals and visitors from further afield. We are known for incredible habitats teaming with wildlife, peaceful walks, and a friendly welcome. We have recently installed a brand new state-of-the-art café with spectacular views over the reserve, offering a unique experience for our visitors.
We are looking for two committed and reliable cleaners to join our friendly team. We would like you to help us deliver and maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene in our office, Visitor Centre, Café seating area, and toilets. Your role will be crucial to ensure our visitors leave the reserve having had a fantastic, memorable experience.
We have two roles available. The first will consist of 2.5 hours per day Mon-Fri, with an additional 2 hours to clean the office premises per week (14.5 hours per week in total). The second is for 2.5 hours per day on weekends (5 hours per week in total). Both roles would need to finish before 10am or start after 4pm. Details will be discussed in the interview.
What's the role about?
You will be responsible for ensuring that the cleaning, sanitising, and recycling tasks for the Cafe, Visitor Centre, and office are completed to a high standard so that staff, volunteers, and visitors are presented with a professional and safe environment. While masking sure that recycling and waste are disposed of appropriately in order to comply with local council legislation.
You will be managing and safely transporting cleaning products around the site, as well as adhering to all manual handling procedures to ensure that the risk of accidents and/or injury is minimised to all staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge of the use of cleaning products to ensure products are used in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Hardworking, reliable, and committed.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to engage positively and communicate effectively with site staff.
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace and manual handling.
- Interest in the environment and sustainable living.
The roles are Permanent and Part-Time for either 14.5 or 5 hours per week. Public Holiday working will be required by one of the roles, along with covering annual leave for the other role.
The deadline for applications is Friday 23 December. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview by Saturday 31 December, and interviews for the roles will be held on Thursday 5 January. For further information please contact email@example.com or phone 01205 725144
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
This role will require the completion of standard pre-employment checks.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Part-Time Catering Assistant
- Visitor Experience Officer at RSPB Pulborough Brooks
- Environmental Advisor
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager
- Café Assistants x2 (Full-Time & Part-Time)
- Community Development Manager
- Estate Worker (Fixed Term)
- Social Media Assistant / Cynorthwyydd Cyfryngau Cymdeithasol
- Conservation Officer - The Wash and North Norfolk Coast
- Estate Worker - Carnforth
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Project Manager - LIFE 100% Favourable (Fixed-Term)
- Bird Surveyor at Powharnal
- Estate Worker
- Rural Surveyor. Flexible Central and Eastern England
- Carbon Farming Project Manager - (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Centre Assistant - Fixed Term
- Legacy Team Executive - RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
- New to Nature Placement - Assistant Warden. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Part-Time - Cleaner
- Part-Time Retail Assistant
- Visitor Experience Manager
- Volunteer Engagement Manager
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Assistant Warden (Seasonal) Anglesey Terns SPA (4 posts)
- Senior Conservation Officer
- Head of Sustainable Land Use Policy - England
- Fundraising Manager - Scotland
- Part Time - Catering Assistant - (Fixed Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistant x 2 (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Curlew Monitoring Officer - (Fixed term)
- Head of Marine Policy
- Campaigns Developer - Flexible in UK
- Curlew Life Research Assistant (Technical) - RSPB Northern Ireland
- New to Nature Placement - Community and Visitor Engagement Assistant - Apply via Survey Monkey Link
- New to Nature Placement - Access to Nature Project Assistant. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Head of Policy & Advocacy - England
- Project Manager - (Frampton Marsh)
- Nature Protection Policy Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Learning Assistant - (Fixed term)
- Curlew LIFE Research Assistant (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bedford Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Luton Area
- Centre Assistant - variable hours - (Fixed Term)
- 2 x Senior Administrator - (Fixed Term)
- Employee Relations Adviser - x3 (Part-Time & Full-Time roles available)
- Research Assistants x2 - Twite Recovery Project
- PT or FT - Senior Project Manager – Nature Positive Biodiversity Gain in Scotland (Fixed Term)
- Assistant Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Telford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Chester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Driffield - Flexible within East Yorks.
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser x2 - RSPB Loch Garten Nature Reserve (Seasonal Contract)
- Curlew Monitoring Officer x 2 – Upper Lough Erne
- Part-Time Car Park Attendant x4 (Fixed-Term)
- Area Manager (East Midlands)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tonbridge Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North London
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Isle of Wight
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Cheltenham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Falmouth
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Flexible in UK
- Beach Nesting Bird Project Officer - (fixed term)
- Learning and Visitor Assistant x2 (Part time & Fixed term - March to October)
- Senior Policy Officer - Bioenergy and BECCS - Fixed Term
- Glenwherry Curlew Initiative Monitoring Officer (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Project Officer - Stone-Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Government Affairs Manager
- Part-Time Learning Assistant (Fixed-Term)
- Catering Assistant - Loch Leven - Variable Hours Available
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)