At Rotageek we help businesses perfectly predict and meet demand by using data-driven tech to effectively and fairly schedule staff. We use algorithms and machine learning to identify patterns that would otherwise go unnoticed -providing best-in-class business forecasting and workforce management.
We help companies like O2, Pret and the NHS to move from paper and excel based rotas to intelligent and interactive schedules and in turn are able to demonstrate not only reduced admin time and costs, but increased footfall conversion, increased transaction value and increased customer NPS. Furthermore, we help our client’s employees gain more ownership over their hours - improving their work-life balance – and reducing staff churn.
Rotageek is a fast-growing B2B SaaS company currently focused on the retail and healthcare verticals within the UK.
We’re looking for someone who will work closely with our Tech and Product team in the UK to help test, build and deliver the future of digital scheduling. Rotageek is focused on developing services and microservices that communicate through clean interface layers to deliver a stable and agile scheduling platform. You have the flexibility to work on web apps, mobile apps, integrations and our flagship auto-scheduling product.
We’re a little obsessive about using the most appropriate tech to solve our problems, so there’s always an opportunity to learn new skills. Testing at Rotageek is currently a combination of manual and automated, but an important part of this role will be to manage the transition to an automated majority.
We use cutting edge technologies such as React, Redux and microservices to power our platform and products and we have high expectations to ship high quality software. This role is a chance to have a real impact, where your contributions make a difference and you will have input into the way the code, culture and product are built at Rotageek.
Your role will report to the head of software development.
● You are responsible for helping implement and deliver Rotageek’s QA strategy providing feedback and insights on the strategic roadmap, defining key metrics.
● You support in the building of specifications for both pre and post development to ensure that customer requirements are met.
● You write clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
● You work with the wider development team to correct bugs and errors.
● You create or improve product features using data-drive methods.
● You document complex processes where needed.
● You deal comfortably with uncertainty and (when necessary) work in highly pressurised environments.
● You work with the QA team to coordinate daily software releases
● Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes in an agile environment.
● Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work independently, and effectively prioritise tasks.
● Ability to understand both product and engineering; and apply QA best practices to both.
● A passion for shipping high quality products and advocating for customers.
● Experience in writing automation scripts.
● You have exposure to Github, Jira, Selenium and other relevant tech.
● Experience in performance and security / penetration testing.
● Experience in automated API testing.
● Experience testing mobile applications.
● Experience using Cypress-io.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Rotageek provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Rotageek is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Rotageek
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"Rotageek is a refreshing place to work. Remote work is the norm, but if you want some company, head in to one of our partner community working spaces and meet with great colleagues!"
Anonymous Rotageek Employee