At Rotageek we help businesses perfectly predict and meet demand by using data-driven tech to effectively and fairly schedule staff. We use algorithms and machine learning to identify patterns that would otherwise go unnoticed -providing best-in-class business forecasting and workforce management.
We help companies like O2, GAP, Pret and the NHS to move from paper and excel based rotas to intelligent and interactive schedules and in turn are able to demonstrate not only reduced admin time and costs but increased footfall conversion, increased transaction value and increased customer NPS. Furthermore, we help our client’s employees gain more ownership over their hours - improving their work-life balance – and reducing staff churn.
Rotageek is a fast-growing B2B SaaS company currently focused on the retail and healthcare verticals within UK. The company is working 100% remote at the moment due to government restrictions.
We’re looking for someone to join our Technical team of full-stack developers to help build the future of digital and scheduling optimisation and take ownership of the ‘jewel’ in our scheduling crown: the mobile app. You will also be contributing to the development of our web app and helping build new features.
We have built our flagship digital scheduling product and you will be part of the team responsible for developing and maintaining new exciting features, primarily in the retail and healthcare verticals. This will require you to have a good understanding of best practices for consistent cross-browser/platform/device styling/rendering and use software engineering principles like OO, SOLID and TDD. We’re always looking at improving the functionality of our app by adding new features, improving the user experience and generally, testing features on mobile-first before we roll out to the rest of the solution.
We’re a little obsessive about using the most appropriate tech to solve our problems and scale as a company, so there’s always an opportunity to learn and apply new skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to technically lead one of our key products in a successful scale-up company. We are looking for someone highly skilled and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for technology to join our team.
This position will report to the Deputy CTO and will be based in London.
What we expect from our Developers
- You write clean, maintainable, and technically sound code and have a good understanding of functional and OO programming.
- As part of the development team, you will work on the scalability, security and performance of the platform. You understand that this needs to underlie all your work.
- You will contribute towards building our architecture. You are comfortable suggesting new and brave ideas, technologies and ways of working.
- You have experience working in an agile environment.
- You implement and deliver Rotageek’s technology strategy.
- You ensure best practices for consistent cross-browser/platform/device styling/rendering.
- You document complex processes where needed
- You develop interactive prototypes used to test the new features and products both internally with your team and externally with customers
- You accurately translate pixel perfect UI designs into perfect clean and valid HTML and CSS for use in the app
- You work closely with both designers and developers to ensure a cohesive handover from design to code
- You deal comfortably with uncertainty and when necessary can work in a highly pressured environment
- You ensure the scalability, security and performance of the platform.
- You build our architecture and contribute new brave ideas and ways of working.
- You drive the decisions on reusable component libraries and styling solutions and keep up to date with and evaluate new technologies.
- You steer decisions on architectural and state management solutions
- You are flexible to perform other ad-hoc tasks when necessary
- You work with the product team to identify areas of improvement and provide input into the feasibilities of new features
- Provide accurate estimates for how long new features or bug fixes etc will take to deliver
- Support our sales and customer success teams in delivering automated scheduling to new and existing clients
- Mentoring and levelling up more junior developers on the team
- Contributing to overall project strategy, being willing to put forward ideas
Your knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with state management libraries such as Redux, Apollo or MobX
- You will have a strong knowledge of mobile application development using React Native
- In-depth knowledge of TDD, writing unit and integration tests, CI / CD tools, iOS and Android application lifecycles, API’s both REST & GraphQL.
- You enjoy analysing and resolving complex customer queries
- Demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to build effective working. relationships with internal teams across Rotageek using collaboration and persuasion skills.
- Have significant relevant experience and ideally educated to degree level.
- Relish working under pressure to meet both internal and external deadlines.
- Fluent in communicating and innovating solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work well in a team and with others, good communication skills are essential
- Willingness to mentor and support other team members to achieve their best work will be desirable