What we’re all about.
We find, when we come together in the pursuit of excellence, great things happen. And that’s how we do things at Quantexa – together. Our business is data, but our culture is collective. We’re about growth – but not just the bottom line. We create a culture where people feel empowered to do their best work. We might work across continents and time zones, but that doesn’t stop us from collaborating. We’re connected. We celebrate our successes together, and we unite to tackle the challenges. 41% of our colleagues come from an ethnic or religious minority background. We speak over 20 languages across our 47 nationalities, creating a sense of belonging for all.
At Q, we’re looking for people who share that vision. People like you.
The Legal team exists to deliver world class legal support and innovating solutions to support and enabling our business leaders to focus on creating the biggest impact for our clients, colleagues and our business strategy. We are determined to get things done and remain accountable for delivering to a high standard.
The team are now looking for dynamic lawyer for a 6 month period to become a valued and trusted member of our high performing legal function. You'll assist the General Counsel in all aspect of legal matters arising across our exciting international business. This role will have a primary focus on the Asia Pacific business growth and is also an exciting opportunity to gain a wide range of experience internationally across a rapidly growing business. You will work closely with and report directly to the General Counsel.
What you’ll be doing.
- You’ll be working with a number of stakeholders across multiple functions to help achieve the legal team’s and Quantexa’s ambitions.
- Assessing and mitigating data privacy risks and implementing company legal initiatives.
- Driving a consultative relationship. Enjoy being part of a team and building a trusted relationship with our colleagues and customers.
- Be immersed within in our APAC region and be the key lead for legal matters whilst also having the opportunity to lead central functional initiatives as part of our global operations.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating strategically important commercial contracts such as professional services, outsourcing agreements, software licenses, hosting arrangements, collaboration and reseller agreements.
- You’ll be supported by and have the opportunity to work and build relationships with external counsel.
What you’ll bring.
- You’ll be a qualified lawyer with prior experience working as a Legal Counsel.
- Specialist experience of drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts internationally.
- A brilliant communicator, both verbally and through written form. You’ll have a keen eye for detail, enable insights and use your understanding of the legal role in a commercially focused business.
- Be an influencer. You’ll be able to deliver messaging and highlight key risks in clear and concise manner. With the ability to propose potential mitigation strategies and actions in a commercial manner thinking creatively.
- Relationship is key. You'll have a customer-focus mindset and pride in delivering a great service to ensure continued success and outcomes are achieved.
- You’ll bring knowledge and experience of the legal frameworks used in the Banking and Insurance industries and preferably Australian Government.
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment working across multiple jurisdictions and the ability to work autonomously.
- A collaborative and problem solving mindset, never shying away from your ability to deliver concise summaries of potentially complex issues.
Our perks and quirks.
What makes you Q will help you to realize your full potential, flourish and enjoy what you do, while being recognized and rewarded with our broad range of benefits.
- Competitive salary 💰
- Company bonus
- 11% Superannuation
- Private healthcare with Medibank
- Dental, Orthodontics & Optics Cover
- Free Calm App Subscription #1 app for meditation, relaxation and sleep 🧘♀️
- 20 days annual leave, 13 national holidays + birthday off! 🌴
- Ongoing personal development
- Great WeWork Office Space & Company wide socials
We have one mission. To help businesses grow. To make data easier. And to make the world a better place. We’re not a start-up. Not anymore. But we’ve not been around that long either. What we are is a collection of bright, passionate minds harnessing complexities and helping our clients and their communities. One culture, made of many. Heading in one direction – the future.
It's all about you
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital, disability, or veteran status. Whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.
Internal pay equity across departments is crucial to our global compensation philosophy. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of experience, education, training, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Quantexa is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our talent acquisition processes. If you require support, please inform our Talent Acquisition Team.
We asked employees of Quantexa how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Quantexa
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
London (HQ), Boston, NYC, Toronto, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Brussels, Amsterdam, Dubai, Malaga, Luxembourg