Big Data Graduate Programme
Founded in 2016 with only a handful of individuals, Quantexa was built with a purpose that through a greater understanding of context, better decisions can be made. 7 years, 15 locations and 700+ employees later we still believe that today. We connect the dots within our Customers data using dynamic entity resolution and advanced network analytics to create context, empowering businesses to see the bigger picture and drive real value from their data.
Due to the continuous success and high demand from our Customers, we are looking for Graduates to kick start their career by joining our Quantexa family. 🚀
What does the Graduate Programme at Quantexa look like?
Our Big Data Graduate Programme is designed for you to develop your technical skill set, think creatively and be a real problem solver of major issues our clients are facing today. If you are someone who likes to think outside the box, holds a real passion for data and is open to new ideas, you’ll find a Qmmunity that recognises your needs to be a creative innovator and embrace it. 🧬
You will work on big data projects where you will have exposure to data science, data engineering and DevOps methods, whilst learning to engage with both internal and external stakeholders. In a typical Quantexa project, you’ll work with high volume data, helping our top clients solve business problems in financial crime, fraud and money laundering along with playing a huge part in helping our others solve complex terrorism cases, human trafficking, and even modern-day slavery. You’ll be working closely with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Project Managers and Solutions Architects, using entity resolution to generate networks and apply a scoring framework to identify risks. At Quantexa everyone is following the same goal of meeting our client’s expectations and delivering a first-class service. 🥇
What training is provided, and technology will you use?
We want our graduates to learn the latest Big Data technologies and being the huge fans of functional programming that we are, your first 3 months will consist of going through our dedicated training academy. You’ll have exposure to learning Scala, which is our primary language here at Quantexa, so you are confident and comfortable using our platform. Part of this exciting journey will also have you exposed to other tools such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kubernetes, with our platform being hosted on Google cloud (GCP). You will learn how to create entities and networks and loading data using Elasticsearch in the Quantexa interface. You’ll be required to generate a solution using our explorer in a world leading big data tool set. This training is heavily self-paced learning giving you the flexibility to add to the task and complete with set timings.
Following completion of the academy you will be working on multiple projects. You can expect to work with different lead experts who share their love of big data to deliver the best for our clients.
What do I need to have?
- We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share a love of ‘big data’ and have a numerate degree ie. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, IT/Technology. 👩💻
- Must be a graduate already or expecting to graduate in a STEM subject.
- A passion and the desire to learn and code in Scala using multiple big data tool sets.
- Hold problem solving skills and enthusiasm to pick up a broad set of tasks.
- Client facing and Consulting skills such as communication, adaptability, critical thinking etc.
- Experience in Python, Java, Scala, R or similar technologies is desirable.
- Passion and drive to grow within one of the UK’s fastest scale ups.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and Europe. ✈️
Our perks and quirks.
What makes you Q will help you to realize your full potential, flourish and enjoy what you do, while being recognized and rewarded with our broad range of benefits.
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid workplace & free access to global WeWork locations & events
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Work from Anywhere Scheme: Spend up to 2 months working outside of your country of employment over a rolling 12-month period
- Work from Home Allowance
- Family: Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, or Shared Parental Leave
- Health & Wellbeing: Private Healthcare, EAP, Well-being Days, Calm App, Gym Discounts
- Team's Social Budget & Company-wide Summer & Winter Parties
- Tech & Cycle-to-Work Schemes
- Volunteer Day off
- Dog-friendly Offices
We have one mission. To help businesses grow. To make data easier. And to make the world a better place. We’re not a start-up. Not anymore. But we’ve not been around that long either. What we are is a collection of bright, passionate minds harnessing complexities and helping our clients and their communities. One culture, made of many. Heading in one direction – the future.
It's all about you
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital, disability, or veteran status. Whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.
Internal pay equity across departments is crucial to our global compensation philosophy. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of experience, education, training, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Quantexa is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our talent acquisition processes. If you require support, please inform our Talent Acquisition Team.
start. don’t stop – Apply.
We asked employees of Quantexa how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Quantexa
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
London (HQ), Boston, NYC, Toronto, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Brussels, Amsterdam, Dubai, Malaga, Luxembourg