Fully flexible hours
At a Glance
Us: Fast growing startup of 80+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research 🚀
Our researchers want a great experience using Prolific, and our participants want fair rewards and interesting studies to take part in. Your objective as a Product Manager will be to make sure rewards reach our participants around the world fairly and transparently via the latest in payments technologies. Over the course of your career at Prolific, you are likely to take on other objectives, allowing you to broaden domain and product skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a leading role in helping us set the standard for online research.
We now have more than 10,000 active researchers and 170,000 active participants using our product, with more than 11 million responses collected during 2020. We recently collaborated with leading academics to produce a research paper which compares our data quality with that of other platforms. You can check it out here.
We care deeply about building an inclusive and diverse team. We offer flexible hours, an open, friendly culture and meaningful share option allocation.
If you are an up-and-coming Product Manager looking for their next big challenge - this role is for you!
What you'll be doing
- Looking at data, user research, and our mission and strategy, you’ll identify and deliver areas of value to our users.
- You'll test/learn/iterate at a rapid pace in a continuous discovery/delivery cycle.
- You’ll lead a cross-functional Product Squad. This includes contributing to the future vision of our platform and full ownership of your team's priorities.
- You’ll regularly interact with our passionate users, you'll learn about their needs, pain points and 'aha' moments, ensuring everything we do is as valuable to them as possible.
- You’ll collaborate in a flat environment with all teams at Prolific, as well as with technology partners beyond. You'll work closely with our executive team, designers, engineers, data analysts, and user researchers, ensuring they are deeply involved throughout the whole process of product discovery and delivery.
What you’ll bring
- You've led empowered, cross-functional teams as a Product Manager, in fast growing startups or businesses before.
- You have a strong analytical mindset with an obsessive focus on data and using rapid experimentation to achieve valuable outcomes.
- You are, or would love to become, a powerful storyteller.
- You're adept at taking a highly collaborative approach to discovery and delivery. You’re always ready to roll up your sleeves!
- You have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and can be relied upon to keep your collaborators well-informed.
- You're a creative thinker. You possess humility, purpose, and optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast.
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from home or our dog-friendly co-working space in Old Street. We offer 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays of course, which you can opt out of if you’d like. We also offer summer hours, with early finish Fridays throughout June to August.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employee's well-being and that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa private health insurance that disregards medical history and also Medicash (a health cash plan). We also offer a taxable monthly stipend of £150 that you can spend on whatever improves your wellness and remote working experience. Having a healthy working environment is really important to us and so we offer a £1,000 home office budget, along with a Mac laptop when you start - plus a £200 yearly top-up.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is really important to us and we want to give all of our employees the opportunity to learn and grow. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. And we also offer a £1,000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote-first company, we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person) and it’s all paid for by us. Alongside this, we offer a £1,000 yearly team meet-up budget for discretionary meet-ups so that you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees, and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel as well.
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview: You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals. Panel Interview: We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable! Final Interview: We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific’s use of your personal information.