Fully flexible hours
At a Glance
Us: Fast growing startup of 80+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research 🚀
As the Operations Analyst,
You will be part of the wider People Operations team and work closely with People, Finance, and other teams here at Prolific to ensure the company is running smoothly and efficiently. You will also be interacting with others at Prolific to better understand their needs and make ongoing improvements and changes. As our business and company is growing, the Operations team works with other areas of the business to create scalable solutions and processes to make sure they can be as effective as possible!
As an Operations Analyst, you will collaborate with different teams within the company to identify, review and solve problems. This role comes with great autonomy allowing you to identify problems, carry out analysis, design solutions and execute them.
Most roles in start-ups involve a range of different responsibilities. Things move fast so you can expect new, unanticipated, projects to come your way and exposure to lots of different aspects of the business! This is especially true of Operations at Prolific.
What you'll be doing
- Combining a sense of urgency with a thoughtful systematic approach, executing systems and processes that deliver robust, repeatable and scalable outcomes.
- Working closely with a variety of teams to help support and grow the Operations function at Prolific.
- Own, manage and lead on initiatives within the Operations function to help us scale and grow.
- You'll be responsible for implementing and improving processes across the company, making sure that nothing gets in the way of people being able to do their jobs as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Creating, maintaining and improving internal operational processes that are essential in supporting the company’s day-to-day running.
- We’re a remote team and because of this, it’s important we continue to focus on optimisation around business operations. You’ll research, surface and implement new ways we can share knowledge, work smarter and scale our operations.
- Project management – you’ll have the ability to own and deliver a project, sometimes multiple at once, that enables teams and the company to be more productive as we scale, such as how can we automate onboarding, how can we streamline our supplier process or how can we manage our documents.
- Gather and analyse data to develop solutions and implement changes.
- Provide input into development of the platform around invoicing, expenses, billing, payment systems, etc.
- Manage outsourced accounting and bookkeeping services in the UK and US.
- Manage internal financial processes (payroll, pensions, option scheme etc.).
- Support with raising debt or equity finance or exploring alternative fundraising and financing options.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years experience in a Project or Ops role, ideally in a startup.
- Analytically minded, ideally with Excel skills and a passion for data.
- You are curious with a growth mindset and are excited by the opportunity to learn and grow in this fast-paced environment.
- Anticipation and pro-activity are key elements in this role, and being able to multitask is really important.
- You have very strong attention to detail, you have the ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks.
- You are process-driven and solution-orientated, able to juggle demanding workloads in a fast-paced startup environment that works to ambitious KPIs.
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You are a fast learner and can pick up context and new information quickly.
- You are able to prioritise, and balance multiple competing responsibilities at once.
- You are ambitious and excited by the prospect of working with super smart and hardworking teammates in a profitable startup.
Even better if you have
- Passion for improving operational inefficiencies and finding the best systems, tools and resources to ensure we're working together effectively.
- You have humility, rigour, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast!
- You are mission-driven and care about how research can change the world.
- You have evidence of working on multiple projects at once.
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from home or our dog-friendly co-working space in Old Street. We offer 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays of course, which you can opt out of if you’d like. We also offer summer hours, with early finish Fridays throughout June to August.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employee's well-being and that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa private health insurance that disregards medical history and also Medicash (a health cash plan). We also offer a taxable monthly stipend of £150 that you can spend on whatever improves your wellness and remote working experience. Having a healthy working environment is really important to us and so we offer a £1,000 home office budget, along with a Mac laptop when you start - plus a £200 yearly top-up.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is really important to us and we want to give all of our employees the opportunity to learn and grow. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. And we also offer a £1,000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote-first company, we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person) and it’s all paid for by us. Alongside this, we offer a £1,000 yearly team meet-up budget for discretionary meet-ups so that you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees, and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel as well.
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview: You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
Panel Interview: We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
Final Interview: We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific’s use of your personal information.