At a Glance
Us: Fast growing startup of 90+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research 🚀
Our growing team is looking for a highly motivated Associate Product Marketing Manager to join us on our mission to advance human knowledge. You’ll act as the bridge between our product teams and customer-facing teams (marketing, sales, customer success) to bring new product offerings to life and support the wider marketing strategy.
What you'll be doing
- Develop deep audience expertise to become an internal expert on the customer. Identify and push forward opportunities for Prolific to create more value for our key target segments.
- Conduct user, market, and competitive research needed to better understand and evangelize market trends and apply key learnings to new initiatives.
- Support market segmentation and persona development, working with our User Research and Sales team.
- Develop clear and concise product positioning, messaging and value propositions.
- Develop and execute smaller launch plans for new product initiatives, working cross-functionally to create campaigns, build communications plans, ensure internal readiness, and drive adoption.
- Support on larger launches, working alongside the Senior Product Marketing Manager.
- Learn and drive key marketing channels to execute on campaigns, including email, in-app, content marketing, landing pages, etc.
- Champion the impact your work has on the business. Make data-driven decisions, set targets, measure impact and share your learnings.
What you’ll bring
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences or marketing related disciplines.
- 2 years’ experience working with customers.
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and visual.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience interpreting qualitative and quantitative data sets with demonstrable ability to distill them into actionable takeaways.
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders and work cross-functionally.
- Self-starter and ability to create new processes and projects from scratch. Must have a positive attitude and can’t be afraid to roll up sleeves and get things done.
- A passion for customers and ensuring they have the best experience, with a demonstrated ability to use research to improve the customer experience.
Even better if you have
- Experience with Hubspot.
- Working knowledge of analytics tools, including Google Analytics and Metabase.
- A strong understanding of behavioural or market research methodologies.
- Experience working with product, design, engineering and sales teams.
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from home or our dog-friendly co-working space in Old Street. We offer 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays of course, which you can opt out of if you’d like. We also offer summer hours, with early finish Fridays throughout June to August.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employee's well-being and that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa private health insurance that disregards medical history and also Medicash (a health cash plan). We also offer a taxable monthly stipend of £150 that you can spend on whatever improves your wellness and remote working experience. Having a healthy working environment is really important to us and so we offer a £1,000 home office budget, along with a Mac laptop when you start - plus a £200 yearly top-up.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is really important to us and we want to give all of our employees the opportunity to learn and grow. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. And we also offer a £1,000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote-first company, we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person) and it’s all paid for by us. Alongside this, we offer a £1,000 yearly team meet-up budget for discretionary meet-ups so that you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees, and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel as well.
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview: You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals. Panel Interview: We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable! Final Interview: We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific’s use of your personal information.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Prolific provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Prolific is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Prolific
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
What employees are saying
"I honestly find it hard to believe I'll ever find another company as flexible and employee-focused as this. They've made it almost impossible for me to ever leave, in a good way! Some other notable things I really appreciate: no meetings allowed on Wednesdays, only deep, focused work. And every other Friday is "Wellness and Creative time," where you can work on your own projects, read a book, go for a hike, clean your house, sleep all day – whatever you need to stay happy and mentally healthy."
Anonymous Prolific Employee