Core hours 11 - 3
At Prisma, we are building the data access layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What does a Technical Support Engineers do?
The Technical Support team focuses on helping customers to be successful with Prisma products through our Community (GitHub, Slack, StackOverflow) and SaaS (Chat and Email) support channels.
Prisma Technical Support Engineers use their exceptional problem-solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and solve their complex Prisma problems across the entire Prisma ecosystem (complete ORM toolset and Prisma Data Platform).
- Working with Prisma users to resolve a wide range of issues, spanning from data modeling, query performance, data migration, architecture, performance, security, and everything in between. You will have end-to-end ownership of customer issues, from initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Contributing to process development, improving product documentation, and authoring knowledge base articles.
- Advocating for customers' needs by interfacing with our Product and Engineering Teams and providing real-time product feedback from the field.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams on internal projects to further enable our users, improve our product, etc.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a passionate, proactive, self-starter interested in working in a small, fast-moving company and impacting the developer community.
We’re a small team looking for people who want to help us lay the foundation for a scalable and best-in-class team.
We believe that the right person would have the following:
- Experience working with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, CockroachDB).
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs, and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
As this role is technical but also about helping our customers, we are looking for:
- 2+ years of Technical Customer Support experience (preferred), with a proven history of customer focus and empathy
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills using operational and diagnostic procedures.
- Initiative and proactivity in ensuring we continuously improve our product and team processes and resources
- A collaborative and feedback-driven mindset
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Ability to work under pressure with calmness and composure
The following would also be helpful but not critical:
The main goal developers have when using Prisma is to build applications. Therefore, any additional knowledge and experience that you bring from general application development and software engineering is a great plus! For example:
- Experience using Prisma
- Deep understanding of connection pools
- Experience with TypeScript, databases, or infrastructure
- Ability to take on shift work, holidays, weekends, and on-call responsibilities
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), Github Repo, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.