Fully flexible hours
At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What will you do at Prisma?
Below are some of the things you could expect to do as part of the Prisma team
- Expand and improve the Core of the Prisma Query Engine and be part of creating a market-leading ORM in collaboration with our Open Source community
- Collaborate with a team of engaged engineers working on developing and improving the Prisma Client
- Use your knowledge of databases and system architecture to create solutions that work for developers at all experience levels, making it easy for them to get the best out of their data
- Create well-tested and documented code that is easy to understand and contribute to by anyone in our community.
We believe the right candidate for this position will meet quite a few of the criteria below. If you don't fit the description perfectly, we'd still love to hear from you. We expect you to learn some of these on the job:
- 2+ Years experience as a Senior Software Engineer or equivalent.
- Willing or eager to learn Rust (already knowing Rust is not a hard requirement)
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing.
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others.
- You seek feedback early and often and a not afraid to ask for help
Less important criteria:
- You have experience with systems level programming.
- You have personally been responsible for a large system running on Kubernetes or similar modern cloud environments.
- You have experience writing performant server code for demanding scalability requirements.
- You appreciate the value of planning and task estimation.
- Experience building developer tools.
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a young startup, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest growing open-source tools. You will form part of the very beginnings of our journey into a commercial offering.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- 4 Days paid Mental Health Days per year.
- 6 Weeks fully paid Sabbatical Leave after 3 years.
- 20 Weeks fully paid Parental Leave.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic Chair subsidy
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -6 to GMT +3.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
Once you have accepted your offer, we will ask you to provide us with two references via HiPeople to help us gain some insights about you from your past colleagues and managers. These references checks are positive in nature and we use them to help us get a head-start on understanding your working-style.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), writing samples, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.