Fully flexible hours
At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 50,000 members on Slack, over 20,000 Github Stars and more than 150,000 developers using our OSS tools.
What will you do at Prisma?
As our first Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for Analytics Engineering across the organisation with tasks including but not limited to:
- Utilize SQL, Python, and Git to build new analyses and maintain existing reporting
- Communicate and train people how to best use our data through Hex
- Follow and improve our processes for maintaining high quality data and reporting
- Build upon and document our data models so that data can be connected and analyzed
- Advocate for improvements to data quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact across your team and the organization
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review, including testing, documentation, and reproducibility
- Maintain deliverables, projects, and timelines for your business stakeholders
- Communicate findings clearly to a broad range of stakeholders
We believe the right candidate for this position will meet quite a few of the criteria below. If you don't fit the description perfectly, we'd still love to hear from you. We expect you to learn some of these on the job:
- SaaS company metrics, including retention, churn, and growth levers
- Modern data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Communication about complex technical topics
- Software development tools, like Git and the command line
- Passion for building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- A track record of working autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- A desire to continually keep up with advancements in data (engineering, analytics, science) team practices
- dbt is a plus!
How You'll Ramp
By the 30 day mark, you'll be...
- On the journey of understanding the complexities around our business, customer, and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our space & how we operate!
- Having one-on-ones and pairing sessions with some of the people that you’ll be working closely with, including members of the finance, engineering, and product teams.
- Learning from the team during weekly syncs
By the 60 day mark, you'll be...
- Contributing to internal conversations on data organization and structure
- Able to answer questions about what data exists and is ready for consumption
- Answering questions using dashboards and analyses that already exist and contributing to our data catalogue
By the 90 day mark, you'll be...
- Regularly contributing to documentation and housekeeping improvements for the team
- Gathering requirements, scope, and build analyses with little-to-no guidance from more senior members of the team
- Considering what conferences you’d like to attend or brainstorming how you’d like to utilize your training allowance
- Helping lead triage initiatives and driving team efficiency as a core part of your work
- Spending time floating around in the data exploring what interesting findings you can make on your own
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a young startup, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest growing open-source tools. You will form part of the very beginnings of our journey into a commercial offering.
- Be the first Analytics Engineer at Prisma and help us build the foundations of the discipline for scratch.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- 4 Days paid Mental Health Days per year.
- 6 Weeks fully paid Sabbatical Leave after 3 years.
- 20 Weeks fully paid Parental Leave.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic Chair subsidy
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -5 to GMT +3.
Note on COVID-19: The above opportunity to move to Berlin is temporarily suspended until we believe that travel is safe again.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with the Talent Acquisition Team
- Interview with a Data Strategist from one of our VCs.
- Interview with the VP of Product
- Take Home Assignment with compensation paired with a panel presentation.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), writing samples, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.