Core hours 11 - 3
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
We are looking for a VP of Marketing who’ll confidently lead all our marketing activities across all digital channels and any future channel strategies. You will be responsible for establishing the Primer brand within the market; ensuring standout from our competitors and managing and directing the marketing team to deliver engaging, successful and lead-generating marketing campaigns. If you’re a data and product-led, skilled Marketing strategist, able to lead and inspire your team members and drive the future of this amazing brand, then we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role:
- You'll be joining the leadership team and reporting into our co-founders and accountable for the success and direction of the Marketing and Brand function for Primer as a whole
- You'll be the chief storyteller for the Primer brand - owning and championing this, and pushing the direction of the brand through your prior experience and data insight
- Developing and executing overall brand strategy for new geographies, verticals and new product launches
- Setting out marketing strategies and delivering campaigns across all current and future channels, including digital, advertising, creative, design branding, product positioning and pricing strategies
- Identifying opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share, and defining a long term global marketing and communication strategy and direction
- Partnering with the sales and product teams to ensure full collaboration and consideration within all marketing activity
- Preparing and managing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Ensuring our brand message is consistent for our target audience across all channels - through world-class content and campaign creation
- Sharing creative and data-driven insights with the founders, product and sales teams to inform product and sales strategy
- Setting and reporting on OKRs, progress updates and ROI to the co-founders and wider team
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience as Head of or VP of Marketing, preferably within a payment, fintech or SaaS startup
- Experience of having built a new brand and marketing function from scratch within a start-up environment
- Exceptional eye for creativity and design and a portfolio of disruptive marketing campaigns and strategies
- Ambition and drive to take ownership of marketing for Primer as we scale, setting the scene for our future strategy - you’ll have led marketing within a fast-paced start-up or scale-up in the past, and have a history of success doing so
- A track record of leading and executing marketing strategies to increase brand reach, acquisition, engagement and retention
- Experience in building and coaching high-performing teams - you’ll know how to hire the best, and how to develop, lead, and motivate them
- Innovation - someone who can bring new ideas to the table, and adjust marketing tactics as we scale too
- Collaboration - you’ll be working with peers across Product, Sales, Design and more, and will develop excellent working relationships with the teams
- Excellent communication skills, able to persuade and influence
- Ease in rolling up your sleeves and being hands-on as we build the team, while still thinking operationally and strategically
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.