Core hours 11 - 3
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
There isn’t a single grand definition for what a Solution Engineer (or SE) is. Depending on where you’ve worked, talked to, or even read you might find a number of definitions for it.
At Primer, SEs are a merchant’ trusted advisor and technical partner. From their first meeting with Primer, all the way until go-live, SEs are there to work with our merchants. This means everything from running demos, workshops, debugging issues, and everything that it takes to make merchant’ payments experience the best.
What you'll be doing?
- Working closely with our growing sales team to identify merchant pain points; and consulting with those merchants on the value of Primer to address those pain points
- Providing technical expertise to the sales team to partner with them in business development
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions, and translating complex technical concepts into simple language
- Driving forward client engagements via discovery sessions, solution design workshops, product demos, developer Q&As, and more
- Collaborating with our Product team, using your market learning to identify feature enhancements, as well as new features entirely, that we can bring to market to best serve our merchants
What are we looking for?
- We require both English and Mandarin language skills for this role
- Previous experience in a merchant facing role with a complex API product, ideally in payments
- Confidence and ease in leading discovery sessions, joining presentations at C-level, and working with technical counterparts at some of the largest merchants
- Deep interest or knowledge about tech. Being able to understand, explain, and design complex technical specifications is key.
- Creativity and improvisational skills. Rarely are two merchants alike, and you don’t always have days to prepare for them.
- Great communication & presentations skills - you can make the complicated sound simple and interact with stakeholders, technical and non-technical, alike
- A collaborative approach - to efficiently work with clients, partners, and internally, with Product, Engineering, and Sales
- Drive and motivation; we’re growing fast and we want you to grow with us!
- Someone who gets things done and makes an impact
- Experience working in a fast-paced and scaling environment
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.