Core hours 11 - 3
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
We have ambitious growth plans over the next year and we are now rapidly scaling our engineering teams to help us shape the future of Primer. We're looking for experienced product-minded Frontend Engineers to build our Dashboard product and next-generation user interfaces.
UX and design are always at the forefront of our minds to ensure we deliver a first-class experience to merchants and their customers. Ensuring the experience is engaging, powerful and easy to use is paramount to the adoption of these features which will power payments for the biggest merchants on the planet.
Primer is changing the payments narrative, reducing the barriers to working effectively with a wide variety of third-party services (both payments and non-payments specific), and crafting slick management and reporting interfaces.
What you will be doing
- Contributing directly to the success and growth of your product area
- Working closely with Product, Design and Engineering teams to bring elegant and intuitive experiences to life
- Being heavily involved in key technology decisions and features, building for scale and optimising for output
- Reviewing code, and continuously raise the bar for engineering efficiency and best practices
- Optimising our user-facing products and interfaces
- Documenting our projects, for customers and internal teams
- Building a strong payment expertise to better identify gaps in our value proposition and proactively propose solutions
What are we looking for
- Great attention to detail, obsessed with delivering high-quality products
- Experience delivering high performance and complex applications for the web, ideally with React
- Familiar with implementing complex interactions and animations while maintaining a flawless frame rate
- Experience with Rest APIs, styled components, framer-motion and data visualisation would be desirable
- Passion for clean, maintainable, scalable and well-tested code
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience in payments is a plus but not required
- Outstanding communication skills, able to collaborate with any stakeholder and customers
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.