Core hours 11 - 3
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
At Primer, we’ve invested early and heavily in design within the product. Great design helps us take something complex (payments!) and turn that into something that’s easy to understand. As a marketing team, we want to take that beautiful, “obvious” experience and reflect that to the world outside of the product.
As our Senior Brand Designer, you’ll be our go-to creative on the marketing team. You’ll collaborate closely with product marketers, product designers, content creators, and more to produce spectacularly-memorable, delightful designed assets.
You can be anywhere, although some overlap with European working hours is preferred. You'll be starting as a solo operator. As we grow, you'll be part of our design team and creative studio, working alongside other designers, developers, writers, and creatives. We use Figma.
During your first 90 days, you'll be learning the market, the product, and meeting the customers, team, and partners to orientate you, alongside your first key projects with Primer.io
You'll be responsible for:
- Delivering end-to-end design work from concept and mock-ups to final assets
- Collaborating with Primigos from across marketing, product, and business development
- Maintaining and evolving our brand design system, including matching components and template systems in Figma
- Working with external agencies and freelancers to support you with larger creative projects
- Owning and maintaining standards of design across all Primer's marketing assets outside of product and the website
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience designing assets for marketing
- A spectacular design portfolio that you have personally worked on
- Strong commercial instincts, and know what and how to prioritise for short and long term outcomes
- A track record for seizing the initiative and leading by example
- A passion for excellent design, storytelling, and media
- You can share your Figma (or equivalent) workspace + your portfolio links in your application
It's not necessary, but it's a bonus to hear from you if:
- You have past experience working in B2B, software, or payments
- You have experience working in and building remote teams
- You have experience in fast-growing companies with triple-digit % annual revenue growth
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.