Core hours 11 - 3
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
Customer Success represents our merchants across the Primer Organisation.
We work as an extension of merchant teams from Go-live to empower them with our knowledge & insights to ensure they have the best experience possible on our platform. We deliver measurable impact to their payment strategy and operations to support the growth of their vision.
As Lead for the Product Support Engineering Team you will strive to nurture the growth and happiness of team members and merchants alike. You strive for support excellence and have an understanding of what that entails in payments.
You're driven by data and measurable outcomes which you use to evangelise and enforce best practices with all teams across the organisation.
Your team is here to support our merchants and you’re here to support our growth through feedback, mentoring and advocacy. You will play a key role in the growth of the Customer Success function and your insights will drive our product roadmap identifying new opportunities to excel at what we do.
- Take the lead on the operational planning and scaffolding of the support organisation, identifying, tracking and executing the key activities for us to execute as we scale.
- Perform with skill and credibility the work of an engineer, with a high bar for quality and rigor; leading by example and participating in the work where necessary for our success.
- Apply technical and payment expertise to improve our ability to excel as a proactive and data driven support organisation.
- Nurture the team to be product experts while actively investing in their development and knowledge.
- Support the execution of the function and the team’s goals and shape the development of the team and its expertise
- Mobilise, track and coordinate with other Primer teams through a passion for structure and good communications to build and execute our vision of best in class service
- an experienced support leader, preferably in the payments space, with a track record of delivering excellence as a leader in a technical support function.
- strongly motivated to be a people and operational leader in a fully distributed hypergrowth startup
- experienced in supporting talent development and driving company level support KPIs
- a candidate who possesses the analytical skill to understand, structure and resolve at pace the challenges B2B customers face in payments.
- well versed in best practices with tools such as Zendesk, JIRA, Salesforce, Datadog and other tools of the trade.
- able to demonstrate a focus on the ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders; i.e. project management and collaboration skills.
- passionate about growing and capturing knowledge while driving a collaborative growth mentality across the team.
- focused on driving operational awareness in a fast-paced organisation and translating the moving big picture into actionable projects that improve what we do and how we do it.
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.