Core hours 11 - 3
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
You’re a clear and empathetic communicator, who can:
- Quickly get to the heart of what our customers are trying to achieve
- troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- help our product managers and engineers understand the nuances of customer issues
- tactfully manage internal and external stakeholder expectations
- build effective working relationships with your colleagues across the globe
You’re a technical ace, who is:
- ready to get your hands dirty to reproduce issues or test solutions
- knowledgeable about REST APIs
- able to search and analyze logs
- capable of interpreting code in at least one programming language
- eager to fill in gaps wherever your expertise might be needed
You’re an experienced support pro, with:
- At least two years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Familiarity with Zendesk, JIRA, Salesforce, and other tools of the trade
- Great prioritization and triage skills
- An analytical mindset that allows you to dig deep and understand the problems your customers face
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshoot complex issues for our merchants, communicating with both customers and partners via email and Slack, and tracking issues to resolution in Zendesk
- Work internally with engineers and product teams to find root causes and identify solutions
- Develop expert knowledge of Primer’s products and the payments landscape in general
- Contribute to our knowledge base and suggest improvements to our documentation
- We're a rapidly growing company, where everyone can have an input into how things are done - you'll wear multiple hats and roll up your sleeves, building Primer with us from the ground up
Experience in payments isn't a requirement, as long as you're comfortable learning on your feet. If you are a confident and resourceful self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment full of growth and change, and you get a real feeling of accomplishment from solving problems and delighting customers, we'd love to talk to you!
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.