Core hours 11 - 3
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
What will the role involve?
- Work across a spectrum of legal, business, and strategic issues.
- Implement scalable contracting processes and increase the efficiency of commercial legal support.
- Draft, manage and negotiate commercial agreements; serve as the GTM team’s point of escalation for complex legal matters.
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals.
- Collaborate with business partners and teams across Primer, including sales, partnerships, sales ops, product, people & ops.
- Build and provide support on a variety of legal processes, risks and opportunities as needed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent academic credentials and professional experience.
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing solicitor / lawyer, including time spent at a top-tier law firm and in-house department.
- Experience and passion for drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Appreciate the customer perspective and ‘solve for the customer’ mentality
- Extensive experience with technology agreements, including expertise in GDPR and data privacy.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and adept at working with cross-functional colleagues.
- Strict attention to detail coupled with project management skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving environment.
- Great judgment and be capable of solving problems and making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- A willingness to jump in and do whatever needs to be done in an enthusiastic, proactive, and resourceful manner, and a strong work ethic with a high degree of accountability and organization.
- Interest for the payment industry and knowledge of associated regulatory issues.
- Past experience advising high-growth companies, particularly with cross-border initiatives highly desirable.
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.