We're looking for a Product Director. Planes Product Directors oversee the product strategy and delivery of one or more client projects.
🌱 Everyone is welcome 🌱
We strongly believe in building a diverse and inclusive team, please don't see everything here as a 'must have'. We highly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neuro-divergent people, parents, carers and people from any socio-economic backgrounds. If you have any requirements or preferences that help you feel comfortable during the interview process please just let us know.
Where: Hybrid; we split our time between being remote and in our London studio
Interview process: 3 stages with a practical element focussing on process
Salary: £90k - £110k per annum
About us ✈️
Planes is a digital product studio based in London. We’re a team of product lovers, designers and engineers who care about creating awesome digital products that are built to last.
Our background is in startups, not agencies. We prefer shipping code, listening to users and iterating quickly rather than long lunches, ‘expert’ reports and death by powerpoint. This approach has lead us to work with all sorts of people, from international fin-tech providers to startups, building products that their users love.
A small and nimble team, we work collaboratively to produce work that we are proud of and our clients love.
What we’re looking for 👋
- Have significant experience within product and are an expert in applying product management best practices in complex, challenging projects
- Have managed, coached and grown teams, and knows what it takes to make a great one
- Be confident in developing and growing trusted relationships with senior clients, being able to actively address and resolve any relationship issues which impact the project and team
- Possess great communication skills, you’re able to speak to our clients and our team with ease
- Have experience overseeing the delivery of high impact work
- Want to contribute to not only your projects, but the growth of Planes as a whole
- Have tried things that have failed and have learnt from them the experience
- Be comfortable not knowing everything, but have the desire to grow
- Be an inspirational leader, not a micro-manager
As a Product Director at Planes, you'll be responsible for product leadership in one or more projects, with product managers from all levels supporting. Product Managers and other team members will look to you for guidance and advice, and you will be able to coach them in best practice. Which is why we’re looking for these things;
- Experience in winning new business, including proposal writing, pitching, and early stage workshops
- Experience in creating and executing product strategies with a client and team by using sound product management skills to bring it to life
- Experience in leading product teams in an agile environment
- You've spent time leading projects from conception through to delivery
- Understanding of good feedback and coaching practices
- Experience of running workshops and leading presentations with clients and stakeholders
- Experience with project management, including budgets and resourcing
- 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off)
- Optional 20 days unpaid holiday a year, for all you explorers out there
- Work from Anywhere policy
- 8% pension contribution
- Learning and development budget
- Access to the cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave. This is a gender-neutral policy where you can take up to 4 months of parental leave at full pay, at any time within the first 18 months of your child's life
- Flexible working; we're Flexa accredited with a score of 89.5%
- Partnership with Spill for all our team to have access to therapy sessions
- We're a Stigma Statistics' Safer & Supported accredited workplace
- Partnership with Bippit for all our team to have access to a financial coach
- Annual bonus
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Planes provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Planes is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Planes
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"We're a start-up, which means sometimes, we work hard and long hours, but at Planes, the hard work is always balanced by the team and leadership making sure you get time to rest after a hard slog. That's the biggest difference between where I've worked previously; I'm always allowed to get time back on the days I've worked extra. It makes a big difference to both my well-being but also my mood! I feel rewarded."
Anonymous Planes Employee