Core hours 11 - 3
Peppy is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone.
We fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood and men’s health (with more to come).
Over one million people across the UK now have access to Peppy through their employer or private medical insurance. With Peppy, they can connect with a human expert over chat or video call, engage with a community of like-minded users and turn to a library of events, articles and videos, all at the touch of a button.
We work with over 50 employers and insurers (and counting!), including Microsoft, Santander, Accenture, Aviva and SAP. Peppy helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
Demand for Peppy has never been higher. We recently announced our $10m Series A fundraise, and we have huge growth plans to scale our existing product, launch new services and expand internationally.
We are looking for a Healthy Minds Practitioner to join our team on either a full or part time basis.
Healthy Minds is our mental health service where we support and signpost clients with a range of issues including anxiety, low mood, and relationship difficulties. We are a team currently sized four, with aspirations to grow. We support the other Peppy services - Menopause, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Fertility and Baby - where their clients require specialist mental health support.
As a Healthy Minds Practitioner, you will work on the Peppy messaging dashboard to deliver the chat service (written messages) to clients as required.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Professional clinical qualification (e.g. Counselling, Psychotherapy Level 5 or above) with extensive clinical experience with a minimum of 5 years experience post clinical qualification
- Professional registration with relevant body (e.g. BACP, NCS, UKCP)
- Evidence of continuing and recent professional development
- Proven experience with a wide range of mental health issues
- Knowledge of and compliance with vulnerable adult and child safeguarding procedures
- Knowledge of a broad range of services for referral and signposting
- Prior experience of working via chat
- Working knowledge of Mac & Microsoft packages and Messaging systems such as WhatsApp
- Clear written and spoken English
- Strong organisational skills; an ability to prioritise, and the skills to manage a busy clinical caseload
- Enhanced DBS certificate and eligibility to work in the UK
Bonus points if you have:
- CBT qualification
- Working safely online qualification
- Experience of working in a remote chat-based service
- Experience of working with organisations and/or Employee Assistance
- Experience of creating articles, podcasts, videos or other content relating to your field of expertise
- Additional training in modalities, such as and not limited to CBT, transactional analysis, solution focused therapy, emotional freedom technique, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness etc.
What we offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic and growing team!
- A competitive basic salary of £35,000 per annum (full time) - salary will be pro rata for part time hours
- The opportunity to get involved with writing Peppy content
- No work on bank holidays
- Home-based role (all work-related travel paid for)
- Peppy Laptop
- Private medical insurance
- 7% pension contribution
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus paid bank holidays (pro rata for part time hours)
- Sick pay
- Funded annual Peppy Practitioner Conference - meet the team!
- Paid CPD time and course/event fees
- Access to the Peppy App!
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.