Core hours 9.30 - 4.30
Peppy is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone. We fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood, men’s health and women’s health (with more to come).
Over one million people across the UK now have access to Peppy through their employer or private medical insurance. With Peppy, they can connect with a human expert over chat or video call, engage with a community of like-minded users and turn to a library of events, articles and videos, all at the touch of a button.
We work with over 80 employers including Santander, Capgemini, Aviva, SAP and Wickes, as well as partnering with huge insurers, Vitality and AXA. Peppy helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
Demand for Peppy has never been higher. We 8x’d our revenue in 2021 and doubled again in the first three months of 2022. Our headcount has also shot up as we’ve tried to keep up with the growth. We’re now one of Europe’s fastest growing healthcare startups and we’ve just moved to the US where we plan to do it all again. But in a much bigger market.
We’re now looking for an exceptional Information Security Manager to join Peppy's fast-growing team, who wants to play a role in the next chapter of our journey and be part of a force for good in the world.
As our Information Security Manager, you will:
- Work with our CISO to design and execute our information security vision and approach
- Help to instil a strong and efficient information security culture throughout the entire organisation by focussing on information security awareness, response management, access controls and other pillars
- Continuously improve and strengthen our information security controls, particularly with respect to cybersecurity risks
- Maintain our infosec certifications (ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials, etc.)
- Support our work to achieve new accreditations to SOC2 and HIPAA compliance
- Work with our Business Development and Client Success teams to provide assurance to new and prospective clients, usually by completing client information questionnaires
Who we’re looking for:
- You have at least 3 years’ experience working within the information security space
- You’ve been operating in a Information security role in a fast-paced environment in your most recent roles
- You have extensive ISO27001 experience, Cyber Essentials experience and familiarity with Soc 2
- You can evidence continuously improving the information security effectiveness of multiple organisations
- You would describe yourself (and others would describe you) as focussed, pragmatic and able to get things done. Although you’ll be part of a small team and involved in strategic decisions, this is primarily a roll-your-sleeves-up and get things done role. You will not only be able to suggest improvements, you will be able to personally deliver those improvements with minimal supervision, at pace.
- You are the type of information security expert who asks “how can I make the biggest impact while minimising bureaucracy?”
Bonus points, if you also have:
- Worked in a startup
- Worked in a remote-first environment
- Have deep Soc 2 experience
Why Join Peppy?
We are a new and exciting start-up in the digital health space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively & diverse team in a fast-paced and high growth environment. In this role, you will get a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a remote first workplace.
- A 25 day paid holiday allowance plus public holidays
- Company MacBook & company phone (we will send this out via courier a few days before you join!)
- Remote-first environment where you can choose to work from home, in a shared office or anything in between; you’ll have the option to choose between a WeWork All Access pass or a work-from-home allowance
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance
- A 5% pension scheme of qualified earnings - Peppy will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Access to the Peppy App!
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.