We’re on a mission to support often-overlooked areas of healthcare, starting with Menopause, Fertility, Baby, Men’s Health and Women’s Health. Our clients’ employees get expert healthcare support via the Peppy mobile app, with unlimited access to our team of specialist practitioners.
• One of Europe’s fastest growing HealthTech scale-ups; 8x revenue growth in 2021.• B2B SaaS offering, supporting employees across 90+ clients and partners including Natwest, Clifford Chance, Disney, Santander, Aviva, SAP and AXA.• Remote-first company with 170+ employees across UK, USA and Ukraine. • Proudly B-corp certified and Mission-led - read all about our company values here.• Rated one of the Top Startups to work for by LinkedIn, Tempo and Flexa.
We’re looking for a DEPUTY DIRECTOR - MENOPAUSE to join Peppy's fast-growing team, who wants to play a role in the next chapter of our journey and be part of a force for good in the world. We currently provide menopause support to 25,000 menopause members and this number is growing all the time. This is a full time position, across 5 days per week. Our Menopause service operates Monday - Friday from 9am - 9pm, and you will be expected to work 40 hours per week with some flexibility within that to work an occasional evening shift if required.
- Day to day management and leadership of Peppy’s clinical menopause service
- Support and implement policies and procedures to keep our clients safe and secure
- Be responsible for your team’s people management, performance management and clinical quality assurance
- Ensure regular performance reviews with your team
- Ensure embedding of regular reporting and governance of within the team
- In conjunction with the clinical recruitment team, you will take responsibility for clinical recruitment oversight within your service
- Identify training needs and provide CPD opportunities within the menopause team
- Attend daily stand-ups with your team or designate a deputy
- Attend Leads meetings
- Attend monthly Senior/Leads meetings
- Attend weekly Directors meeting, fortnightly Director and Clinical Operations meeting, and monthly Clinical Governance Meeting
- Work with Directors of other services to ensure consistency across services in terms of quality and clinical assurance
- Reporting to SVP Operations with a dotted line into Chief Nursing Officer
- Registered Nurse (with active NMC PIN)
- Experienced women’s health nurse
- A solid understanding of and interest in menopausal health
- Independent prescriber
- An understanding of the NMC revalidation process
- Ability to deliver essential training requirements in keeping with Peppy’s policies
- Evidence of continuing and recent professional development
- A demonstrable interest in, or experience of working within digital healthcare
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership skills
- People management skills
- IT literate
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Flexible in attitude and approach
- Previous experience of remote/online consultations
- Clear written and spoken English
- Strong organisational skills; an ability to prioritise, and the skills to manage a busy clinical caseload
- Bonus points if :
- You are a BMS Registered Menopause Specialist
- You have at least 10 years of supervisory / management experience
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in health and wellbeing. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for good and bringing health support to millions.
- You will be hungry to join an exciting start-up. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You’re collaborative and respectful as a team player. You positively contribute to Peppy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence.
- You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
- Able to work in a fast moving and constantly changing environment (start-up)
- Able to work effectively in a team across the company, not just clinical.
- Enthusiastic and supportive
- Flexible in attitude and reliable
- Able to develop others professionally, identifying training needs.
- Confident and friendly, quick to build rapport with users and team members
- Solution focussed- willing to change established practice in order to improve
The closing date for this vacancy will be 11.55pm on Friday 2nd December.
Peppy’s Perks and Benefits:
• Remote-First: All of our clinical employees work remotely from home.• Home Office Allowance: You will be eligible for a Home Office Allowance to setup your remote workspace.• Health & Wellbeing: You will receive Private Medical Insurance through Vitality as well as unlimited access to the Peppy app.• Parental Leave: We have a generous Enhanced Family Leave policy, whether you or your partner are giving birth, going through surrogacy or adoption.• Pension: We offer an up to 7% matched pension contribution scheme through Nest.• Sick pay: Full sick pay is provided.• Holidays: Peppy employees in the UK get 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays (pro-rata if part-time).• Tech: New joiners receive a company laptop delivered in time for your first day.• Professional Support: NMC registration paid, role appropriate professional membership paid, CPD funding allowance (pro-rata if part-time), revalidation support, annual practitioner conference (fully funded).• Referral Incentive: You’ll receive up to £3k for each successful employee referral.• Socials: We regularly host virtual and in-person socials (think Pizza making and cocktail drinking!) to help us stay connected in a remote-first environment.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We asked employees of Peppy how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Peppy
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York
What employees are saying
"I'm trusted to get on with my work, so long as I deliver results and I decide how to accomplish that. I love that we are able to work in this way."
Anonymous Peppy Employee