Core hours 11 - 3
Peppy is a B2B digital health startup on a mission to bring expert healthcare to everyone.
We fill some of the biggest gaps in healthcare by providing expert-led, personalised support to people when they need it most, all on a secure mobile app. The areas we support include fertility, menopause, pregnancy, early parenthood and men’s health (with more to come).
Over one million people across the UK now have access to Peppy through their employer or private medical insurance. With Peppy, they can connect with a human expert over chat or video call, engage with a community of like-minded users and turn to a library of events, articles and videos, all at the touch of a button.
We work with over 50 employers and insurers (and counting!), including Microsoft, Santander, Accenture, Aviva and SAP. Peppy helps them look after their people when they need it most, and to build an employer brand that helps them stand out from the crowd.
Demand for Peppy has never been higher. We recently announced our $10m Series A fundraise, and we have huge growth plans to scale our existing product, launch new services and expand internationally.
We’re looking for a Clinical Director to lead our Baby Team.
Leading a team of Midwives, Health Visitors and IBCLC Practitioners, you will be vital for writing the next chapter of our journey in delivering care for clients in the early stages of parenthood. Your team will provide daily support to expectant and new parents via live chat conversations and 1:1 video consultations. This is supplemented by group webinars, broadcasts and published online content on a range of topics related to pregnancy and baby care. Feedback from our clients tells us that they find the support they receive from the Peppy Baby team vital to help them navigate this crucial stage in their lives.
- Lead Peppy’s perinatal and early parenthood service (known as ‘Baby’)
- Design, implement and manage the service structure and clinical delivery
- Responsible for people and performance management of a clinical multi disciplinary team
- Be the designated lead for Quality Assurance, Safeguarding and Governance for the Baby service
- Be an active member of regular calendar commitments; daily team meetings, governance committee, senior management meetings
- Take ownership of the ideation and creation of content within your area of expertise
- In conjunction with the clinical recruitment team, you will take responsibility for the clinical recruitment oversight for your team
- Be the face of Peppy Baby, representing the company in front of existing and new clients
- Be part of the creative force within Peppy
- Speak and lead at industry events
What you will bring to Peppy:
- Professional Qualifications :
- You have a clear and active NMC PIN
- Your professional qualification focuses on pregnancy, birth or early childhood (i.e, Qualified Midwife, Paediatric Nurse, Health Visitor, or similar)
- You will have a minimum of 15 years post qualification experience
- A demonstrable interest in (ideally also experience of working within) a digital healthcare setting, and a vision for how best to develop and grow the Peppy service.
- Professional experience should not be limited to one setting - we would love a combination of NHS, private and commercial experience. Or similar!
- Enthusiasm for utilising your significant clinical management experience to lead a remote team of exceptional Midwives, Health Visitors and IBCLC Practitioners
- Recognition for being a leader within your field (and bonus points for sitting on National professional boards/committees, holding advisory level roles, or assisting in shaping best practice advice/guidelines)
- Your leadership approach and supporting values promote team cohesion and success
- You’re excited by finding new and innovative ways to deliver information and care to clients; such as articles, podcasts, videos and content relating to your field of expertise
- Professional Learning
- You have a passion for healthcare, with the best interest of your clients being a key driver. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for good and bringing health support to millions.
- Evidence of valuable continuous professional development, and a commitment to ensuring that your team are consistently delivering evidence based care
- Experience of managing quality assurance and audit processes, particularly with remote teams.
- You will be excited about joining a fast-paced startup, and by the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You remain proactive with continued Service development in a fast-moving environment
- You take ownership of your Service, ensuring that we continually look to better the care we deliver to our clients , You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra for your team and clients
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in health and wellbeing. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for good and bringing health support to millions.
- You will be excited about joining a fast-paced startup and the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
- You’re collaborative and respectful as a team player. You will positively contribute to Peppy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and you admit your mistakes. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
Why work for Peppy?
- We are a new and exciting start-up in the digital health space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively & diverse team in a fast-paced and high growth environment.
- As a Clinical Director you will get a competitive salary, employee stock options and the opportunity to work in a remote first workplace.
- A 25 day paid holiday allowance plus public holidays
- New MacBook Air & company sim card (we will send this out via courier a few days before you join!)
- Remote-first environment where you can choose to work from home, in a shared office or anything in between; You’ll have the option to choose between a WeWork All Access pass or a work-from-home allowance
- Vitality Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- A 7% pension scheme - Peppy will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Access to the Peppy app!
- Learning & Development culture. We run bi-weekly lunch & learns and there's lots of opportunity to pick up new skills and push forwards your own personal development.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.