3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
At Papercup we’re on a mission to make the world’s videos watchable in any language. We’ve invented a patented AI system that generates humanlike synthetic voices across languages, allowing people to watch video content in the language of their choice. Our translated and dubbed content has allowed the likes of Insider, Discovery, Sky News, and Canva to reach over 300 million people globally in just the last year. Having just completed a $20 million Series A round, we're on the hunt for top people to join our ambitious mission.
We’re backed by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters - venture funds like Octopus Ventures, world-renowned angel investors including Des Traynor (co-founder of Intercom) and John Collison (co-founder of Stripe), as well as global media groups like Sky and Guardian Media Group.
We are driven, curious and passionate - our company culture is imperative to us and we set a high bar for those who join the team. We're also fun to be around (at least that's what people tell us).
The Senior UX Designer leads on helping us tackle some of the biggest challenges we have:
- How can we design our user workflow to be user-friendly and data observable?
- How can we improve dubbed content for end-viewers?
- How can we scale our Ops Team’s capacity?
- How can we generate and control ML models which replicate the expressivity of human speech?
You will do this by leading UX through the product development process, ensuring that the products we build meet the the UX and UI vision based on discovery research, user needs, customer insights and feedback. You will challenge design solutions and product objectives to ensure we’re meeting and exceeding our project objectives, including driving revenue streams, improving end viewer and user outcomes, and delivering solutions that customers want to use.
What you'll do with us:
- Develop concepts from idea to final design by using a broad designer toolkit, from sketches, storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes to design prototypes, and detailed wireframe specs for web platform
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of user research, user workflow and task modeling, interaction design, information architecture, familiarity developing design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts
- Build prototypes and wireframes to share ideas with stakeholders and development teams, which can also be tested with users
- Excel at Business Strategy. Our Senior Product Design/UX roles are expected to be able to discuss the direct relationship between any piece of Design work and our business plan
- Display an interdisciplinary skill-set: You may have some experience in roles across Design/UX/Research/Product
- Facilitate workshops involving Customer, Product & ML teams to establish working groups focused on improving customer journeys and personas
- Identify, plan, and conduct User Research strategies, and activities where required
- Present and build confidence with design artifacts such as user research findings, high-level conceptual design ideas, and detailed design specifications
- Display startup readines
- Prioritizes breadth of work
- Knows which UX pain is acceptable for now
- Seeks out ideal initiatives to demonstrate better practices
- Uses institutional knowledge in the absence of research
- Permissionless collaborator
- Confidently lead UX presentations and report on UX activities and learnings
- Build and maintain a central repository of feedback, insights, user testing videos and other research activities to support agile development teams
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Hybrid working: flex between WFH and time in our Old Street office (around 2 days per week)
- Private medical cover or monthly wellness bonus
- Learning budget and 'reading week' to carve out time to up skill in your domain
- The usual food and fun perks: snacks, beer fridge regular team socials, annual off-sites