3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
At Papercup we’re on a mission to make the world’s videos watchable in any language. We’ve invented a patented AI system that can generate synthetic voices across languages - each of which sound just like humans. Our translated and dubbed content has allowed the likes of BBC, Discovery, HSBC, and Canva to reach over 300 million people globally.
Having recently raised a $20 million Series A round, we’re backed by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters - venture funds like Octopus Ventures, world-renowned angel investors including Des Traynor (co-founder of Intercom) and John Collison (co-founder of Stripe), as well as global media groups like Sky and Guardian Media Group.
We are driven, curious and passionate - our company culture is imperative to us and we set a high bar for those who join the team.
About the role:
As a Social Media Manager at Papercup, you will be a part of a creative and dynamic team aiming to bring innovative AI-dubbing to businesses looking to localise their content. You will manage and grow multiple client accounts on various platforms from the ground up as well as develop and scale Papercup's own social media content.
In managing and growing our clients' accounts, you will be responsible for tackling day-to-day management of translated content on various different distribution platforms. At the same time you will analyse performance of the said content and proactively test a multitude of growth strategies to boost metrics across the board.
As a member of the marketing team, you will be running our monthly team-wide content review sessions presenting successes and learnings from all of our clients' accounts. You will also take a significant part in shaping our brand image and increasing engagement as well as traffic back to our website through our social media channels - organic and paid.
You are self-motivated and results-driven with a unique ability to balance a creative mindset and an analytical mind - capable of setting up clear metrics and benchmarks to measure success. Ultimately, you have to love all things social media and content creation - we see huge potential for growth in this role and we need a candidate who is as committed to our mission as we are!
What you'll do with us:
- Test creative strategies to boost the growth of our clients' translated content mainly on YouTube and Facebook - we're looking for ambitious, out-of-the-box thinking!
- Build loyal communities around our clients' content and improve audience engagement with it
- Day to day management - publishing and optimising - of content on multiple platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, etc.)
- Monthly reporting on analytics across channels - we need you to be comfortable diving deep into the back end of various platforms and identifying key insights that can help drive growth
- Establish a content strategy for Papercup's social media accounts and continuously execute and adjust for continuous growth
- Analyse and conduct incremental optimisation of various content based on tailored needs, which means you will be tinkering with thumbnails, metadata, scheduling times, and other hands-on aspects at times
What we are looking for from you:
- Demonstrable experience of growing multiple YouTube and Facebook video channels - preferably from scratch
- Professional experience in either content management or social media management across multiple platforms - the experience in both is a bonus
- Strong understanding of social search optimisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of digital media analytics dashboards, how to navigate them and put together reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Good understanding of putting together paid social campaigns to work in tandem with organic
- Impeccable time management. We’re working on tight deadlines
- Serious attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Self starter / proactive
Extra bonus points if you have experience in:
- Experience managing multiple accounts on as many platforms platforms like Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- If you’ve managed any other team members
- Experience with Adsense payment systems
- Fluency in other languages
- Creating content or working with content creators to post specifically on socia
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary of £45,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Hybrid working: flex between WFH and time in our Old Street office (around 2 days per week)
- Private medical cover or monthly wellness bonus
- Learning budget and 'reading week' to carve out time to up skill in your domain
- The usual food and fun perks: snacks, beer fridge regular team socials, annual offsites
Please note we’re not looking for someone who ticks all the boxes, if you have some of the skills listed above and are willing to learn, you’re the person for Papercup.