At Papercup we are creating a system to make the world's content available in any language. We localise video content using human-sounding synthetic voices combined with a human-in-the-loop workflow, which corrects and refines our translations and voices. Videos translated by our technology reached over 300 million people last year alone.
We are competing with some of the largest (and most well funded companies) in the world to solve the automated dubbing challenge. However we are confident we have built the team and strategy, particularly around our human-in-the-loop workflow, to make our mission a reality. We are driven, curious and passionate - our company culture is imperative to us and we set a high bar for those who join the team. We're also backed by top-tier VCs, some of the UK’s largest media companies, and top angel investors, including the founder of Alexa (which sold to Amazon).
About the role:
You will join our product team to own and shape our core human-in-the-loop pipeline. You are a self-starter, eager to bring our product into its next stages to truly scale speech translation to new platforms and new languages. This role is a rare opportunity to learn how to build and operate machine learning products which deliver real customer benefits.
Come join us and do some of the most impactful work of your career.
You will be responsible for:
- Shaping and executing on our roadmap for our video localisation pipeline
- Collaborating with our data science team to structure our data model for efficiency and scaling
- Evaluate and optimising our key metrics and goals
- Ensuring and maintaining fluid cross-team communication
Come join us and do some of the most impactful work of your career!
Please submit a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the role.
What we are looking for from you:
- 3+ years experience in product management or related
- Familiar with UX research techniques such as user personas, customer interviews, usability testing etc.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and shipping products across their lifecycle
- You can communicate with developers, designers, data scientists, ML engineers and commercial teams
- Strong fluency with data and a track record of measuring your impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Curiosity and love for making things happen
- A genuine passion for technology and building great products
Nice to have skills:
- Previous experience developing professional tools (e.g. DAWs, video editing), productivity, language, speech or media related products
- Experience mentoring and growing PMs
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary of £65,000 - £75,000 dependant on experience
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Hybrid working: flex between WFH and time in our Old Street office (around 2 days per week)
- Private medical cover or monthly wellness bonus
- Learning budget and 'reading week' to carve out time to up skill in your domain
- The usual food and fun perks: snacks, beer fridge regular team socials, annual offsites
Please note we’re not looking for someone who ticks all the boxes, if you have some of the skills listed above and are willing to learn, you’re the person for Papercup.