At Papercup we’re on a mission to make the world’s videos watchable in any language. We’ve invented a patented AI system that generates humanlike synthetic voices across languages, allowing people to watch video content in the language of their choice. Our translated and dubbed content has allowed the likes of Insider, Discovery, Sky News, and Bloomberg to reach over 300 million people globally in just the last year.
Following a $20 million Series A round, we're on the hunt for top talent to join our ambitious mission. We’re backed by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters - venture funds like Octopus Ventures, world-renowned angel investors including Des Traynor (co-founder of Intercom) and John Collison (co-founder of Stripe), as well as global media groups like Sky and Guardian Media Group.
As Client Lead, you’ll be coming in at a critical time to help:
- Lead our Account Management function, becoming the third pillar of our Go To Market team, alongside Sales and Marketing
- Own our revenue target for existing customers
- Be ultimately accountable for the experience that customers have with Papercup and maximise the growth and retention of each account
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers, ensuring a deep understanding of their strategic goals and how Papercup can help to achieve them
- Manage and grow our Account Management team, working with them to build out a best in class account management playbook
What you’ll need to succeed in this role
- At least 8+ years experience working in account management or customer success
- Demonstrable experience owning and meeting a revenue target
- Strong commercial mind - you will need a knack for translating customer needs into new opportunities and deals
- Experience managing and leading a high performance team
- Evidence of account expansion and understanding of the ‘land and expand’ tactic
- Very high attention to detail and adaptability - experience working in a start up/fast paced environment where not all processes are explicitly in place will be helpful
- A strategic thinker who can navigate giant media corporates to increase the customer lifetime value and uncover hidden opportunities
- Exceptional communication skills and emotional intelligence- relationship building will be pivotal to your success
- Hungry to make an impact and get stuck in - excitement about startups, emerging tech, media etc will all be bonuses!
- Knowledge of the digital media world and/or an understanding of localisation would be a huge plus!
- Loves to build relationships and is genuinely customer-focused
- Looking for a place where you can grow
We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary up to £80,000- £85,000
- OTE up to £100,000
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working options, 2-3 WFH
- Private medical cover or a monthly wellness bonus
- Options granted to everyone to benefit from the growth and success of the business
- The opportunity to learn - enroll in courses or conferences or take a reading week to improve your skills
- Food and fun: free snacks, Tuesday breakfasts, monthly team socials, annual offsites, the best Slack banter you can find
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A
What employees are saying
"I love how management leads by example in terms of unlimited holiday, taking time off, and really disconnecting, which helps to send the message to everyone in the company that this is how we expect time off to look."
Anonymous Papercup Employee