A little flex time
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 230+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and autonomous specialist – ideally with SaaS or Payments experience to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join: based on the size and breadth of our customers, we are growing like never before!
Working within our Sales team, your core task will be to convert qualified leads into Paddle customers. You’ll work directly with companies ranging from small start-ups to enterprise businesses across the SaaS territory as they evaluate their e-commerce provider needs.
Your role is essential in helping us set, drive, and execute on our revenue goals and ultimately bring us closer to our vision of making Paddle the default solution for SaaS businesses.
What you'll do
- Build pipeline from leads armed by your Business Development Representative and Marketing counterparts, as well as your own self-sourced opportunities’
- Be responsible for the full sales cycle from prospecting, qualifying, carrying out demo’s through to closing deals
- Master Paddle’s product, know the features inside and out, understand the industry and be able to articulate Paddle’s value to CTO’s, Heads of Product and CEO’s alike.
- Work with management and across departments (Marketing, Product, Success, etc.) to determine the most effective approach for each sales opportunity.
- Identify flaws in both Paddle's and our competitors' product during the sales process, helping to inform our sales techniques and product roadmap.
- Learn and refine new sales skills with regular Account Executive sales training sessions and continuously learn and develop yourself as a thought leader in the industry.
- Mentor new Account Executives as they ramp and learn the process
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You have proven experience closing in a software or SaaS business, managing multi-threaded sales processes and enterprise deals
- You have experience with consultative, value-based selling and a proven track record of exceeding your quota
- You have experience selling highly technical products/services
- You are great at liaising with prospective clients in person, over the phone and email.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude which thrives when solving complex challenges and you want to be part of an exceptionally fast-growing company
It'd be great if:
- You have prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- You have experience selling to technical persons, (CTO, Head of Product, (Technical) Founders).
- You are familiar with eCommerce providers such as Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, Cleverbridge and subscription management services such as Chargebee, Zuora and Recurly.
- You are able to operate in an unstructured, self-starting environment.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 230 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.