A little flex time
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 230+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and autonomous Strategic Account Executive to help us sell to the largest software companies in our market. This is an exciting time for you to join: based on the size and breadth of our customers, we are growing like never before!
Working within our Sales team, your core task will be to convert qualified leads into Paddle customers. You’ll work directly with companies who generate revenues in excess of $1m MRR across the SaaS industry as they evaluate their payments infrastructure needs.
Your role is essential in helping us set, drive, and execute on our revenue goals and ultimately bring us closer to our vision of making Paddle the default solution for SaaS businesses.
What you'll do:
- Build pipeline from leads generated by your Business Development Representative counterparts, as well as your own self-sourced opportunities.
- Be responsible for the full sales cycle from prospecting, qualifying, carrying out demo’s through to closing deals
- Master Paddle’s product, know the capabilities inside and out, understand the industry and be able to articulate Paddle’s value to CTO’s, Heads of Product and CEO’s alike.
- Work with management and across departments (Marketing, Product, Success, etc.) to determine the most effective approach for each sales opportunity.
- Identify flaws in both Paddle's and our competitors' product during the sales process, helping to inform our sales techniques and product roadmap.
- Learn and refine new sales skills with regular sales training sessions and continuously learn and develop yourself as a thought leader in the industry.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proven experience of closing in a fintech or SaaS business, managing multi-threaded sales processes and enterprise deals
- You have experience with consultative, value-based selling and a proven track record of exceeding your quota
- You have experience selling highly technical products/services
- You are great at liaising with C-level executives in person, over the phone and email.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude which thrives when solving complex challenges and you want to be part of building a new team in North America from the ground up
It'd be great if
- You have prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- You have experience selling to technical persons, (CTO, Head of Product, (Technical) Founders).
- You have industry experience and are familiar with payments infrastructure providers such as Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, Cleverbridge.
- You are able to operate in an unstructured, self-starting environment.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 230 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from an amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.