A little flex time
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the "done for you" approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As the key integration for our seller’s systems, Paddle cares deeply about the developer experience we provide them. With our product offering continuing to grow, our Developer Experience team is dedicated to creating a consistent, feature-rich platform experience for developers to integrate with.
If you’re a product-minded Engineer that appreciates a great developer experience, you’re exactly what we’re looking for. Working in a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, technical writers and designers, you’ll be providing a DX framework for our product teams to rapidly ship cohesive products as well as building out end-to-end features that will delight our users.
What you'll do
- Work with colleagues across product and engineering to ensure the customer-facing developer experience we provide is cohesive, powerful and easy to deliver.
- Develop new functionality which empower our product teams and help provide customers with everything they need to onboard, build and evolve with Paddle
- Define and build critical architecture that scales for our product teams and customers alike
- Drive innovation with new features that will delight developers
- Perform code reviews and mentor more junior engineers to maximise their potential and growth
- Help shape our team and wider engineering culture and help make sure Paddle remains an exceptional place to work
We'd love to hear from you if you
- Have a good understanding of API principles and best practices
- Experience building APIs and ideally the infrastructure that enables them
- A keen eye for good developer experience, and a desire to provide the slickest experience you can to your users
- Ability to work with stakeholders on multiple fronts to help shape and deliver the developer experience roadmap
- Experience working with Distributed Systems
- Go for our new services
- PHP8 and Laravel for our legacy system
- Docker in production and local development
- gRPC for internal services running on AWS Fargate
- AWS lambda for event-based services
- AWS SQS for our asynchronous message queues
- MySQL and DynamoDB for persistent data storage
- Redis for key/value store
- Terraform and Cloudformation for infrastructure management
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
- Exceptional Together
- Execute with impact
- Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.