A little flex time
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 230+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
As the key integration for our seller’s systems, Paddle cares deeply about the developer experience we provide them. With our product offering continuing to grow, our Developer Experience team is dedicated to creating a consistent, feature-rich platform experience for developers to integrate with.
If you’re a product-minded Engineer that appreciates a great developer experience, you’re exactly what we’re looking for. Working in a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, technical writers and designers, you’ll be providing a DX framework for our product teams to rapidly ship cohesive products as well as building out end-to-end features that will delight our users.
What you'll do
- Work with colleagues across product and engineering to ensure the customer-facing developer experience we provide is cohesive, powerful and easy to deliver.
- Develop new functionality which empower our product teams and help provide customers with everything they need to onboard, build and evolve with Paddle
- Define and build critical architecture that scales for our product teams and customers alike
- Drive innovation with new features that will delight developers
- Perform code reviews and mentor more junior engineers to maximise their potential and growth
- Help shape our team and wider engineering culture and help make sure Paddle remains an exceptional place to work
We'd love to hear from you if you
- Have a good understanding of API principles and best practices
- Experience building APIs and ideally the infrastructure that enables them
- A keen eye for good developer experience, and a desire to provide the slickest experience you can to your users
- Ability to work with stakeholders on multiple fronts to help shape and deliver the developer experience roadmap
- Experience working with Distributed Systems
- Go for our new services
- PHP8 and Laravel for our legacy system
- Docker in production and local development
- gRPC for internal services running on AWS Fargate
- AWS lambda for event-based services
- AWS SQS for our asynchronous message queues
- MySQL and DynamoDB for persistent data storage
- Redis for key/value store
- Terraform and Cloudformation for infrastructure management
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 230 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
- Exceptional Together
- Execute with impact
- Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.