Fully flexible hours
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the "done for you" approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As the Senior Financial Analyst for OpEx in FPA you will have complete ownership over the businesses operating expenses. You will business partner with senior leaders to ensure sound decision making and a sustainable future for Paddle. Your peers will include an awesome Senior Financial Analyst who is responsible for the commercial elements of the PL, including revenue and S&M, and a Financial Analyst (vacancy) that will support the team with day-to-day activities and data quality. You will report to the Director of FPA who has a track record for developing individuals and a commitment to creating opportunities for you to flourish and enjoy the work you do.
Your key business partners will include the executive team members of Paddle’s support functions. You will integrate with these business areas to understand their strategies and objectives, build and manage their budgets and plans, and ensure that we see the highest ROI possible (financial or non-financial) for every £/$ spent.
What you'll do:
- Own and lead the planning and reporting processes for your business areas.
- Ensure sound control over Paddle’s operating expenses by building relationships and helping the business navigate their costs and investments.
- Providing timely and accurate monthly financial reporting for our executive team, board and investors.
- Co-own workforce planning, collaborating with the Talent Acquisition team and People partners.
- Respond to financial queries from business functions.
- Continuously strive to improve the relevancy and quality of reports and raw data.
- Ad-hoc reporting, financial analysis and projects as required.
- Regularly be using a forecasting tool (likely Pigment), accounting software (Xero, Netsuite), Excel/Google Sheets, and project management tools such as Asana.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about financial planning, structure, and insights - you love adding value!
- Able to manage, influence and present to key stakeholders including C-level executives and board members - you are able to do the right thing, whilst maintaining relationships.
- Structured and coordinated in the way you work, you have excellent attention to detail and accuracy and leave very little room for error.
- A strong communicator and have flawless presentation skills - you enjoy capturing the attention of the audience, and know how to distil the key message.
- Keen to navigate a scale-up environment, with complexities and challenges - data quality issues, tooling migrations and building the foundations excites you.
- Looking to develop the way the team and Paddle operates… and develop yourself too in the process
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.