A little flex time
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 230+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be helping to drive our product and engineering department forward, working on different parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on.
Our Engineering Department is split into 8 cross functional Product teams, along with an SRE and Data team.
Our Product teams are made up of an Engineering Manager, a Product Manager and between 4 - 8 engineers (mix of backend and frontend), depending on the demands of the team.
You are empowered to use the right tech for the job and you’ll have the freedom to input into what technology and tooling are used and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly.
- Go for our new services
- PHP and Laravel for our legacy system
- Docker in production and local development
- gRPC for internal services running on AWS Fargate
- AWS lambda for event-based services
- AWS SQS for our asynchronous message queues
- MySQL and DynamoDB for persistent data storage
- Redis for key/value store
- Terraform and Cloudformation for infrastructure management
What you'll do
- Develop high traffic APIs used by hundreds of thousands users per month
- Engineer high-performance background workers for consuming queues
- Practise DevOps, you’re responsible for getting your code to production and supporting it
- Use the latest AWS services available to run your code
- Help design a stable platform to support phenomenal growth
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Play a part in an agile team, either kanban or scrum as needed
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have a development background with Go
- You have experience designing and building systems to handle high traffic at scale in a cloud-based environment in AWS
- You enjoy collaborating with our technical and non-technical departments
- You proactively find ways to improve the code and team processes
- You have a strong understanding of the development process - from design through to deployment, maintenance, and what that means for day-to-day development
- You take pride in what you build
- You are interested in what new tools and techniques you could introduce to us!
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 170 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
- Exceptional Together
- Execute with impact
- Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from an amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.