What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the "done for you" approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
We are looking for a, Senior Sales Engineer, ideally with relevant industry experience in payments, financial solutions , or subscription management, to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join- you’ll be part of an enterprising, foundational team to expand Paddle’s footprint in North America.
Working as an expert within our Sales team, you'll use your skills in technical consulting and project management to enable leading software vendors to build incredible customer experiences with Paddle and assist them in overcoming any technical challenges along the way.
What you'll do:
- Become an expert on the Paddle product suite, including the Metrics, Retain, and billing.
- Communicate confidently with C-suite and senior developers to support them in building incredible experiences for their customers and driving their growth
- Build integration plans and sample code with sellers to assist them in implementing their own Paddle integration
- Support Account Executives on customer calls to help win new business
- Work with Account Managers to help our customers onboard and launch smoothly
- Act as a product expert, as well as communicating issues and feature requests to the Product and Engineering teams
- Drive the technical implementation of our suite of SaaS products (Retain, Recognized, etc.) alongside our Account Executive team, respond to client objections/inquiries, and resolve product support-related questions
- Work with our engineering team to scope and project manage custom work required to close enterprise level deals
- Conduct data analysis to pull together post-free trial reports that demonstrate the ROI and business value of our products
- Identify friction in the sales process and drive process and product improvements to increase average time to close
- Report back to our Product Team with customer feedback, including technical requests, suggestions for new features/functionalities, limitations with the current products, etc.
- Create and improve product documentation including but not limited to maintaining the knowledge base, informational videos, and implementation guides
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proven experience in sales engineering or solutions architecture working with complex, enterprise level clients
- You have solid experience in various technologies, for example a mix of the below:
- Full or partial stack development
- Development frameworks for applications
- Common API interfaces
- Integration tools - ETLs, iPaaS, etc - or experience working with a built-in integration layer
- You have experience using and integrating APIs.
- You have (ideally) demonstrated expertise in payments, accounting practices, and/or subscription management.
- You have strong interpersonal and customer management skills that you developed in a customer-facing role.
- You have the ability to discuss technical concepts with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Paddle provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Paddle is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina
What employees are saying
"Paddle have always offered a flexible working from home policy, and with the impact of COVID-19, they have strengthened their approach to this culture. We have an office available if we want to work around the team, or we can work from home whenever we like. It's a great balance! The parental leave is also awesome, we're super dog friendly and have some excellent benefits. I never feel pressured to work particular hours or stress that I have to be in an office."
Anonymous Accounting Team Member at Paddle