What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the "done for you" approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant with mid-level experience who has a passion for numbers, financial reporting, problem solving and process improvement & automation. This is an ideal role to develop your career in a fast growing and dynamic tech environment!
You will form part of a very collaborative and energetic finance team and report directly to our Financial Controller. The role will be fast-paced and varied and will allow plenty of opportunity for personal and professional development as Paddle continues to grow. Strong time management skills and excellent communications skills are key to succeed in this role.
What you'll do:
- Ownership of PL & Balance Sheet reconciliations and reviews
- Prepare monthly consolidated management accounts to a high standard and on a timely basis
- Support the Financial Controller with consolidated financial reporting and analytics
- Support/take ownership of the finance integration of an acquired entity
- Oversee and review data entry and tasks assigned to junior team members
- Oversee the integrity of the chart of accounts, the PL and the BS
- Set-up processes, collect and prepare data on Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Support in creating & maintaining a robust control environment
- Deep-dive into current processes and drive process improvements, efficiency & automation
- Support in the implementation of a new financial system
- Assisting with the year-end audit process and ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Work closely with the FP&A team when drafting analytical commentary
- Support in leadership and growth of junior team members
- Provide support with other matters where needed
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant, preferably in a tech scale up environment.
- You possess very good knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- You’ve been exposed to multiple jurisdictions and currencies
- You have the ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have great planning, problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- You are enthusiastic and self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You are reliable, organised, accurate, communicative and calm under pressure
- You are passionate about solving problems and always identifying opportunities for improvement
- You are passionate about people, processes, automation, scalability and innovation
- Knowledge of Xero and NetSuite is preferred
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Paddle provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Paddle is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina
What employees are saying
"Paddle have always offered a flexible working from home policy, and with the impact of COVID-19, they have strengthened their approach to this culture. We have an office available if we want to work around the team, or we can work from home whenever we like. It's a great balance! The parental leave is also awesome, we're super dog friendly and have some excellent benefits. I never feel pressured to work particular hours or stress that I have to be in an office."
Anonymous Accounting Team Member at Paddle