What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers. That means we take away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
Working closely with the Customer Support Leadership, you will be leading the efforts in supporting a newly added product area (Metrics & Retain), ensuring the success department is set up for success when dealing with queries about the new product. While your goal is to make sure that the support team can handle the majority of queries for the product area, you will also act as the point of escalation for more difficult queries related to Metrics & Retain, and directly influence the product roadmap based on your feedback.
We are looking for someone who is a highly motivated self-starter and who will bring a solid background in providing high-level customer support in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You will be working with technology companies, offering top-notch customer support and creating long term customer relationships. And above all, you will be helping real people solve real business problems.
Ideally, you care about people as much as you care about getting your work done. You also have a natural fluidity and thoughtfulness to your written and verbal communication. A good sense of humour is also always a plus.
You will be part of a global support team, reporting into the Customer Support Manager who will empower you to have a voice as to where your department is heading in the future. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support.
In this role, you will be working standard UK hours (BST/ GMT) for 5 days a week. You will also be covering weekends on a rotation with the current team.
What you'll do:
- Respond to and resolve customer queries through all our channels.
- Be a product champion in your designated product area and develop training materials, conduct training for the commercial department, create documentation for our internal processes as well as FAQs for product support activities.
- Analyse customer feedback and share it with relevant product teams to influence their roadmaps.
- Handle escalations from the customer support team in your designated product area and if needed escalate issues to the appropriate internal channel.
- Coordinate with other departments to support new product developments and existing product enhancements.
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty by providing amazing customer support following the effortless experience principles.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Used to working remotely and have at least one year of experience in building product-specific knowledge in a support function
- Experienced in online customer support, providing technical support for a SaaS product.
- Experienced using and testing APIs as well as providing customer support on API related queries.
- Enjoying to make things easier for customers and colleagues. If there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away.
- Enjoying to support and nurture others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Solution-oriented and not afraid to point out where we’re going wrong.
- Comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
- Highly skilled in communication and are a proficient English speaker.
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your craft, curiosity, passion for learning and what you’ll add to our culture. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group.
Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We will do everything we can to support any accommodations needed. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Paddle provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Paddle is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina
What employees are saying
"Paddle have always offered a flexible working from home policy, and with the impact of COVID-19, they have strengthened their approach to this culture. We have an office available if we want to work around the team, or we can work from home whenever we like. It's a great balance! The parental leave is also awesome, we're super dog friendly and have some excellent benefits. I never feel pressured to work particular hours or stress that I have to be in an office."
Anonymous Accounting Team Member at Paddle