What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the "done for you" approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As a Financial Analyst in FPA, you will play a pivotal role in setting up and maintaining our planning and reporting processes for our scaling team. You will support and work with two Sr. Financial Analysts; one of which focuses on the commercial side of the business (Sales & Marketing, and revenue metrics), and the other who focuses on Product & Engineering, and support functions. This means you get a complete view of the P&L and how the business operates. You will report directly to the Director of FPA, who has a proven track record for developing and supporting professional development.
You will own the planning cycle schedule, collect inputs from the wider team for the budgeting process, validate and review the final P&L view, make recommendations for adjustments/improvements, and publish the reports for use. This means you have incredible organisation and time-management skills, and are able to hold others accountable to your deadlines. You have an eye for detail and are able to zero in on errors or areas of improvement and communicate these in a constructive manner, regardless of hierarchy or seniority.
Ideally you show evidence of developing yourself, you invest time in learning new skills, from SQL to Python, and you’re eager to demonstrate the value in your day-to-day. You keep a finger on the pulse of the FPA space, and know about new methodologies, trends and challenges.
What you'll do:
- Support the team in ensuring our planning and reporting processes are set-up effectively and efficiently.
- Own our Financial Planning tool (Pigment) and be responsible for maintaining assumptions and inputs, and rolling it forward for each planning cycle.
- Work closely with the relevant teams to ensure that cost centres, departments and other hierarchies are set up optimally and consistently across the business.
- Partner with accounting to ensure our GL account structure is maintained in a relevant and timely manner.
- Respond to financial queries from business functions.
- Complete monthly/quarterly reporting requirements for investors or third-parties.
- Continuously strive to improve the relevancy and quality of reports and raw data.
- Ad-hoc reporting, financial analysis and projects as required.
- Regularly be using a forecasting tool (Pigment), accounting software (Xero, Netsuite), Excel/Google Sheets, and project management tools such as Asana.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about financial planning, structure, and insights - you love adding value!
- Have an eye for efficiency, can spot a process improvement a mile off - and can execute and implement the solution.
- Structured and coordinated in the way you work, you have excellent attention to detail and accuracy and leave very little room for error.
- Open to learning - we promise you will be surrounded by high-performing FPA talent, as well as giving you the opportunity and time to test out and develop new skills.
- Keen to navigate a scale-up environment, with complexities and challenges - data quality issues, tooling migrations and building the foundations excites you.
- Looking to develop the way the team and Paddle operates… and develop yourself too in the process.
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Paddle provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Paddle is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina
What employees are saying
"Paddle have always offered a flexible working from home policy, and with the impact of COVID-19, they have strengthened their approach to this culture. We have an office available if we want to work around the team, or we can work from home whenever we like. It's a great balance! The parental leave is also awesome, we're super dog friendly and have some excellent benefits. I never feel pressured to work particular hours or stress that I have to be in an office."
Anonymous Accounting Team Member at Paddle