What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the "done for you" approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As a Customer Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for providing technical support to our customers and our various internal teams. You’ll help them get the most out of Paddle by debugging issues with existing implementations and expanding their use of our platform and features to meet their current and future challenges.
This is a technical role, and you will be providing support to developers. As such, you'll need to be very familiar with web technologies and be comfortable building and advising on working solutions that solve problems. This will require some hands-on, coding experience.
Working closely with our Customer Success team you'll ensure our customers receive an incredible experience when they come to Paddle for help and advice. You'll also work closely with Product Managers, being the voice of our existing customers and championing improvements for them.
What you'll do
- Become an expert on the Paddle product suite, including the checkout, dashboard, and APIs.
- Investigate and resolve where possible emergent issues/questions for all existing customers in a timely fashion.
- Help our customers to create better integrations with Paddle and make the most of all our features.
- Advise customers on how to use our product most effectively.
- Identify solutions to enable customers to successfully self-serve.
- Support and empower your colleagues on customer calls, with code samples, and additional collateral.
- Contribute to public-facing documentation and guides, continuously evaluating and improving.
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams, helping them to identify, investigate and test fixes for issues and bugs reported by our customers.
- Be the voice of our customers and pass on feedback and the challenges our customers are facing to our Product team, ensuring a continuous cycle of improvement.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are comfortable implementing our own checkout (we'll test this!).
- You have experience using and integrating APIs.
- You have an investigative mindset and like to think out of the box.
- You are comfortable communicating and discussing technical concepts with both technical and non-technical audience
- You have good SQL knowledge.
- Have knowledge of one of the following: Python, Ruby or PHP.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Paddle provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Paddle is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina
What employees are saying
"Paddle have always offered a flexible working from home policy, and with the impact of COVID-19, they have strengthened their approach to this culture. We have an office available if we want to work around the team, or we can work from home whenever we like. It's a great balance! The parental leave is also awesome, we're super dog friendly and have some excellent benefits. I never feel pressured to work particular hours or stress that I have to be in an office."
Anonymous Accounting Team Member at Paddle