Fully flexible hours
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the "done for you" approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
At the top and middle of the sales funnel, the Business Development Representative ( Retain ) will collaborate to drive initiatives to transform leads into opportunities. What’s this really mean? You’re critical to Paddle's success, and you’ll be a strong brand ambassador as you speak directly with clients and qualify leads.
What you’ll do
• Qualify leads and develop sales opportunities
• Collaborate with wider sales, marketing, and product teams
• Provide a seamless experience for prospective clients through transparency, consistent follow-up, and being an expert in our products
• Learn about all aspects of prospect businesses, becoming an expert in numerous verticals within the subscription industry
• Interact with every single company that uses our products
• Become a highly skilled user of lead generation and qualification tools
• Meet and exceed KPIs
We'd love to hear from you if you are
• Have 1-3 year of experience in a hunting, prospecting, and qualifying role
• You have incredibly strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have an insatiable urge to learn, you are open to receive feedback and implement it, you feel comfortable in a coaching and mentoring environment.
• You can handle ambiguous and chaotic times with composure and while staying incredibly organized
• Aren’t afraid of the roller coaster that is sales - riding the highs and getting creative to shake things up during the lows
• Want to drive process improvement and be creative in your approach
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.