Fully flexible hours
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the "done for you" approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As an Account Executive (Price Intelligently), you’ll become an expert on the subscription universe across industries and use that knowledge to work through complicated and nuanced consensus sales with the market’s top brands, including Fortune 500 companies. Our tech enabled service helps C-suites solve big picture business challenges in a customized, data-driven approach.
What you'll do
- Once our BDR team identifies qualified, prospect client opportunities, you’re responsible for taking over the conversation and relationship building to close 5 and 6 figure deals
- Serve as an expert on our tech-enabled service, answering client questions on feasibility, methodology, cost, packaging, etc.
- Build rapport and ask digging questions to further qualify client opportunities in the BANT framework to create executive alignment
- Identify stakeholders (Champions, Decision-Makers, Legal, Procurement, Finance, etc.) in the client’s consensus decision-making structure and determine best practices for navigating and influencing the conversation
- Work collaboratively with other departments across ProfitWell and external vendors to create Scopes of Work based on the client’s immediate and future needs to close the deal
- Travel to client’s office for meetings related to closing, project kick off, etc. (5% of role)
- Improve our sales funnel by bringing your innovative ideas to the table
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Have 2+ years of experience closing complex deals
- Are in a role that requires you to know when and how to close, to develop and execute on a joint execution plan, and to create urgency where there may not be urgency organically
- Bring prior experience selling to C-suite, VC, or other stakeholder executives at a company, communicating, building trust and connection
- Have very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understand the basics of how to interpret data, read charts/graphs, etc.
- Innately embodying a mindset that there’s always more to learn, being unafraid of feedback, and knowing when to ask for help
- Are comfortable working in the gray rather than the black and white, and are excited to work autonomously, proactively asking for guidance when needed, and being a self-starter
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.