Remote-first - Office Space - Do whats best for you.
Core hours 11 - 3
We are looking for a Client Director to join our team
As our new Client Director, you will sit on our Senior Leadership Team from day one, reporting to the CEO to guide the end-to-end strategy of our clients, from driving the renewals and expansions of our rapidly growing client base to set the tone of our engagements to see to it that we are delightful to work with.
You will utilise your extensive experience across capital projects to build and manage credible relationships with senior external stakeholders, ensuring our clients receive the maximum possible value from nPlan.
We are looking for someone to lead and inspire our growing client-facing teams, with the ambition to help us change the world of project execution.
At nPlan, we are on a mission to change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed, powered by our deep learning technology and its unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We have the ambition to help the world unlock one trillion dollars of project value through our data-driven forecasting, and to help inspire innovation across the construction sector.
nPlan already work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which gives us both an opportunity and a privilege to make a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, every day.
Our team and our investors (including our $18.5m GV investment) all believe in the future we are creating, so read on to see if you could be our next Client Director
We know that taking your next career move is a big decision. If you'd like to ask us any questions before applying (role-related or company-related) please use this link to book in a short chat with our Talent Acquisition Manager, Jack
About the role...
Success in this role requires:
- An ability to truly understand & empathise with our clients, while being confident to challenge old conceptions, and influence actions based on nPlan’s unique insights
- Developing deep and peer-like relationships with personas across our customer organisations - being able to understand the ground level needs of planning and risk and cater to them, whilst at the same time being a credible peer and challenger of project managers and directors in a way that leads to transformational change in the way they deliver projects
- You will develop and nurture your teams, to help them better understand and serve our clients
- You will have the ambition to try new things in order to achieve new results, and help us build the nPlan of the future
- Commercial awareness to enable the renewal or expansion with each client we work with
- Circa 7 years of direct experience both working on major construction or infrastructure projects yourself and advising clients that deliver them
- A demonstrative ability in delivering transformational value for top-tier clients on construction projects and developing deep relationships with executive-level stakeholders
- A deep empathy for customers - you’re able to cut through the noise and ensure that their problems, needs and wants remain at the forefront of what is delivered
- Experience successfully leading large teams, both directly and cross-functionally
- A passion for risk management and forecasting - you understand the importance and value of it and your experiences in construction give you perspectives to bring to the table
- A proactive, problem-solving mindset - you are comfortable navigating ambiguity and novel problems and building and driving solutions
Due to the tight coupling with nPlan’s revenue growth, this role includes a significant equity stake in nPlan, as well as the added incentive of a pool commission plan. As a proportion of the affiliated company target, renewal and expansion bookings will attract commission payments
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a relatively small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs (role dependant).
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team meals and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.