We are Multiverse, a tech scaleup with a social mission. We’re creating a diverse group of future leaders by building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, through the power of professional apprenticeships.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 500 clients including Facebook, KPMG, Morgan Stanley and the NHS. In June 2022, we broke the EdTech funding record (again!) by announcing our $220m Series D, making Multiverse the UK’s first ever EdTech unicorn, and the world’s first unicorn with a social mission.
Join us on our journey to democratise access to the best careers and learning opportunities.
You will be responsible for building and helping develop the team(s) who look after the users of our Platform and Learning Management System (LMS). Our support team is the face of Product and Technology, internally and externally, and we pride ourselves on providing a positive support experience to everybody who contacts us.
Reporting directly to one of our directors of engineering, you will run the day-to-day operations of the support team, line managing 4-8 support analysts and acting as a point of escalation for complex or business critical issues. You will also represent the team to the wider business, liaising with stakeholders and building relationships which allow the team to partner effectively with other teams (Launch, Delivery, Engineering).
Once here, you will
Line manage 4-8 support analysts, helping them to level up through coaching and mentoring.
Manage support escalations, ensuring that critical issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
Collect and disseminate data about the support process to help the business make data-driven decisions about problem areas in our products, and to set expectations with business stakeholders.
Work with individuals within and without the team to identify areas where automation and processes can be improved, and partner and coach to make these improvements happen, continuously.
Support the team with business-as-usual activities during busy periods.
What you’ll bring to the role
Several years experience as a hands-on support professional.
Experience with support tools such as Zendesk or Freshdesk.
Experience working with Engineering to help prioritise and get resolution to user queries and issues.
Proven track record of building and running high performance support teams - you understand what excellence looks like and how to get there.
Experience working with stakeholders at all levels. You have a history of building strong relationships across an organisation in prior roles.
Strong data-savvy. You know what data to collect and how to analyse it to drive improvements for the benefit of your team and their customers.
Awareness and commitment to data protection.
Time off - 27 days holiday, plus 7 additional days off: 1 life event day, 2 volunteer days and 4 company-wide wellbeing days.
Health & wellbeing - private medical Insurance with Bupa, a medical cashback scheme, life insurance, and access to Spill - all in one mental health support.
Equity - every Multiverse employee has ownership in the business through equity options.
Team fun - weekly socials and regular offsite events.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.
We asked employees of Multiverse how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Multiverse
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York & Remote
What employees are saying
Especially since our work spans many time zones (US West Coast to UK) there's a lot of flexibility since there are different folks that work together at different times. I can plan early days for when I need to connect with folks that are ahead of me (time zone-wise) or later on days that I'm working with US folks and doing heads-down work. I appreciate that my leaders know that I will get my work done and if I need to go to appointments or take time mid-day, that is supported.
More roles at Multiverse
- Global Director, Apprentice Marketing
- Senior Director, Community, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager (US)
- Advanced Data Fellowship Coach for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Advanced Data Fellowship Instructor for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager
- Product Operations Lead
- Quality Lead, UK
- Data Solutions Specialist, UK
- Product Operations Lead, UK
- Sales Operations Specialist, UK
- Partnerships Manager, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, US
- Learning Product Manager, UK
- Senior Salesforce Solutions Specialist, UK
- Senior Privacy and Data Protection Executive, UK
- Director of Government Affairs, US
- Engineering Manager - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- CRM Manager, UK
- Sales Academy Programme, UK
- Strategic Finance Associate, UK
- Commercial Account Executive, UK
- Candidate Operations Director, UK
- Sales Enablement Specialist, US
- Global Director, Product Marketing, US
- Quality Coordinator, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (Southeast Region), US
- B2B Marketing Manager, UK
- Global Director, Brand Marketing, US
- Software Engineering Cohort Coach, US
- Software Engineer - Developer Enablement - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Enterprise Account Executive, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (NYC)
- Learning Product Manager, US
- Manager, B2B Marketing, US
- Senior Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Product Designer, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, UK
- Principal Product Designer, Remote US (CET/ET) or NYC Hybrid
- Data Coach, UK
- Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Product Manager, UK
- Principal Engineer, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (SF/Bay Area), US
- Digital Business Accelerator Coach, US
- Industrial/Organizational Business Psychologist - Assessments, US
- Head of Global Talent Operations, US
- Compliance Associate (Apprenticeships), UK